Enterprise Account Manager - Canada Ontario Government Market, Canadian SLG Team
Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) in the Canadian public sector market? Do you have the business savvy, public sector experience, and technical background necessary to help establish Amazon as a key technology platform provider? Are you passionate about the public sector (Government, Municipality, Education, and non-profit specifically)?
AWS Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) is seeking an Enterprise Account Manager to help build the Government and Municipality markets in Ontario Province. The WWPS Canada Account Manager will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS within these market segments.
Your responsibilities will include helping to define key market drivers and partnerships to target across Canada, establishing those relationships, and managing the day-to-day interactions in order to build long-term sales, business and marketing opportunities.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Help define and update the mission, goals, and success metrics for the Ontario public sector business and ensure it's in line with the overall business strategy.
· Work with the senior management to create a prioritized, tactical action plan to exceed revenue and strategic goals.
· Independently execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. operations, service teams, legal, support, etc.)
· Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
· Independently manage complex contract negotiations, working with senior executives both inside and outside of Amazon and serve as a liaison to the legal group.
· Research and identify new opportunities for the Provincial Government and municipalities, including specific prospects/partners to approach with a technical value proposition for using AWS.
· Work closely with the customer base to ensure they are successful using our web services and have the technical resources required.
· Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
· Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key education and non-profit market segments.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
· 8-12 years of sales/business development and/or program/product management experience.
· Experience in the Canadian Government and Municipality sectors.
· Ability to travel up to 40% within country.
· Master’s degree, preferably in business administration or related field.
· Experience driving sales and business development in the Canada Government and Municipality market
· Experience working within the technology industry and working knowledge of web services technology and software development tools and technologies.
· Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule trade-offs and opportunistic new ideas with technical employees.
· Working knowledge of ICT strategy within the Canada public sector procurement models.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills in English and French
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History