Software Engineer I, Alexa Lifecycle
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with the home and is fundamental to enabling the dream of the smart, connected home.
Connected Devices within Alexa is focused on making Alexa the user interface for the home. From the simplest voice commands (turn on the lights, turn down the heat) to use cases spanning home security, home entertainment, and home environment, we are evolving Alexa into intelligent, indispensable companion that automates daily routines, simplifies interaction with appliances and electronics, and alerts when something unusual is detected.
The Alexa Connected Devices LifeCycle platform team supports core features for setting up a device. Our APIs and SPIs provide internal and third-party application developers building voice experiences, mobile applications, and multimodal devices with an API surface to discover, manage, delete any device connected to Alexa. You will be part of a team that is delivering features that are highly anticipated by media and well received by our customers.
Public documentation of a few of the APIs that you will be working on:
Our vision is for customers to be able to setup any smart device by doing nothing more than "plugging in the device". You will be part of the amazing backend innovation that delivers such a simplistic experience. An example of some cool end user experience we delivered recently as part of Certified For Humans (CFH):
Key job responsibilities
In this role you will:
• Collaborate on implementing and delivering key software with some of the best and brightest Software Engineers.
• Move fast to launch and iterate quickly.
• Build scalable back-end functionality, spinning up new systems and services as necessary.
• Learn the dos and don’ts of building, deploying, and running software at the highest scale.
• Understand the clear business impact of your work.
The ideal candidate has a track record of launching projects with Java/C#, C++, and distributed computing technologies on a Linux platform.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
• Experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces.
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective product software engineers.
• Bachelor’s Degree/Master's Degree/PhD in Computer Science or related field.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History