SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (JAVA/AWS) - AMAZON ROBOTICS - TORONTO, Robotic Movement Team
Software Developer (Java/AWS)- Amazon Robotics - Toronto, Canada (Remote Hybrid).
*Developers with or without previous robotic experience are invited to apply*
The Amazon Robotics Resource Management team produces software that plans and tasks/allocates work for robots used at Amazon’s fulfillment network. This team is responsible for keeping the fleet of robots charged and balancing that with meeting demanding performance requirements.
Resource Management runs at high scale! Our software runs in the cloud across the globe for hundreds of warehouses planning for hundreds of thousands of robots every few seconds.
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics.
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics is seeking talented and motivated Software Engineers to design, develop and test software that controls and optimizes mobile-robotic fulfillment systems used by Amazon.com operations. Amazon Robotics software facilitates user workflows, robotic control and machine to user interfaces, advanced algorithms and mobile technology.
Our Software Engineers experiment with disruptive technologies and integrate them within our current software solutions using agile methodologies in a collaborative team environment. Each Software Engineer will have an assigned technical mentor to help with onboarding, as well as 1-1 guidance from their manager, and will work closely with other engineers.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Identify and develop software solutions to current business problems
- Work with your manager and team to create milestones and deliverables
- Participate in daily scrums and reviews with development teams
- Develop design documentation and lead reviews with other engineers
- Write code and unit tests and integrate code with other software and hardware components
- Prototype and test concepts or features, both through simulation tools and emulators and with live robotic equipment
- Work directly with customers to test software prototypes and incorporate feedback
- Utilize Amazon Robotics and Amazon engineering tools, processes and technologies
About the team
The Amazon Robotics Resource Management team produces software that plans and tasks/allocates work for robots used within Amazon’s fulfillment network. This team is responsible for keeping the fleet of robots charged and balancing that with meeting demanding performance requirements. The Resource Management team runs at high scale! Our software runs in the cloud across the globe for hundreds of fulfillment warehouses planning for hundreds of thousands of robots every few seconds.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of software development experience
• Experience working in development team(s) that have delivered commercial software or software-based services
• Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable; highly available systems
• Development experience in Java, C++/C, Python
• Familiarity in object-oriented design, algorithms and data structures
• Proficient written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to collaborate efficiently with a diverse and talented team
• Master’s/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent industry experience
• 3+ years of software development experience
• Experience with modern tools and environments (e.g., XML, web services, version control systems, bug/issue tracking tools)
• Experience and knowledge in building software for large scale industrial systems
Tags: Amazon, Amazon Robotics, Java, Java, Python, Python, C++, C#, distributed systems, AWS, Amazon Web Services, Linux, cloud, robots, Toronto, Toronto Canada.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History