Systems Development Engineer - AWS Identity & Access
AWS Single Sign-On (AWS SSO) is AWS’s workforce identity solution. Our internal mantra is “Identities should be able to come from anywhere and customers should be able to use those identities to gain access to anything”.
We provide customers with the ability to associate a directory with AWS or use our Native User Pool, then the customer can assign access to their AWS Accounts and 3rd Party Business Applications in a central place. In addition, end-users of AWS SSO have a central place where they can view and access all of the things they have been assigned access to with our AWS SSO User Portal.
Our team owns the services and data which enables AWS SSO to federate users into their “things” and our public catalog supports hundreds of integrations and we are actively expanding the types of integrations which we support.
Our team solves complex technical problems every day, like how to scale our existing data-store to support new integration types without impacting existing external customers and internal teams and evolving AWS Identity Platform at its core to support a more human-centric identity. We also work on new public standards like FastFed.
The team is customer focused and we understand the need for learning new things to meet our customer’s needs. We actively seek and evaluate learning opportunities and we are always supportive of each other as we all grow
We have a range of talent in the team. Our senior engineers mentor our junior engineers and as our junior engineers grow they start to mentor our new junior engineers.
We strive to be a fun team. Everyone is willing to help. We have one on one ramp up mentorships and our subject matter experts are available and generally nice people. There are weekly/bi-weekly 1:1 opportunities with the manager of the team where we actively mentor on career growth.
There is a pager rotation for the team, however we do our best to limit the number of customer impacting events. When we do impact our customers we dive into how we can make this never happen again and we take action to fix it. The team usually gets paged once or twice per week for various reasons. If you’re up until 2am dealing with a customer impacting event then the team will look to help you get sleep by covering your on-call.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
- Fluency with at least one modern language (Java, Python, Ruby, Golang, etc..)
- Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics.
- Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in an agile environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to non-technical leaders.
- Knowledge of professional engineering practices and best practices for writing, reviewing, and testing Infrastructure as Code.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
- Experience developing or integrating federated identity solutions using SAML, OAuth, or OpenID (Microsoft Active Directory Federation Services or similar)
- Understanding of Identity Systems like LDAP and/or Active Directory
- Strong knowledge of distributed systems and asynchronous architectures
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History