Senior Vendor Manager, CA Team, Sports
Amazon is looking for an experienced business leader to join the Hardlines category team on Amazon Canada. The Senior Vendor Manager will be responsible for managing the P&L and setting the strategic directions for a large and diverse business within the Hardlines category. They will work with highly strategic vendors to drive their business towards the next phase of growth.
They will analyze data to identify key brands to target, build long term relationships with key vendors, resolve any operational, logistical or business issues, and lead negotiations on Amazon’s behalf. The candidate should have experience in building strong relationships, driving significant top and bottom line results, and be comfortable managing multiple responsibilities within a fast-paced environment. They must have the leadership presence and communication skills to represent Amazon at all executive levels of vendor organizations.
The Senior Vendor Manager must possess a strong analytical acumen and be comfortable drawing metric-based conclusions by managing an extensive amount of data. This person needs to have a deep curiosity about how things work, and a passion for creating a world class shopping experience for our customers.
The right candidate stays on top of industry and competitive trends, and is able to execute at both a tactical and strategic level to drive selection, sales, and margin growth, while also improving our customer experience and education.
The ideal candidate has strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations, and must demonstrate the ability to succeed at managing and driving a full P&L, including planning and forecasting and driving an online business. They also have strong project management and exceptional organization skills to manage various vendors and strategic programs within the category.
The Senior Vendor Manager is an effective leader and communicator in working with Amazon.ca partners and vendors, as well as with internal groups such as inventory management, site merchandising, marketing, PR, finance, operations, and software development to deliver innovation and a better customer experience.
Key job responsibilities
To ensure the Senior Vendor Manager is successful, they must be able to:
- Think strategically and tactically
- Rapidly expand and grow an online business
- Integrate analysis and merchandising instinct into a cohesive category strategy
- Manage multiple projects and partner relationships at the same time
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years experience in Account Management, Project/Program Management, or Buying
- Experience using data to influence business decisions
- Experience driving internal cross-team collaboration
- Define strategies to deliver best-in-class customer experience while delivering profitable growth in the retail category
- Develop knowledge of supply/ demand trends and success drivers of your category
- Establish relationships and negotiate agreements/deals with leading manufacturers and brands. Drive new product launches and additions in the category
- Execute and lead projects to more efficiently source stock, manage prices, execute promotions
- Collaborate with vendors and merchandizing teams on promotions and marketing initiatives and coordinate with the Merchandising team to execute these activities
- Collaborate with operational teams to ensure healthy inventory levels while managing stock-out/ overstock risk
- Participate in day-to-day operational aspects of the category, including gathering and addressing customer feedback, price monitoring, business improvement initiatives
- Be an ambassador within the industry and continuously enhance Amazon’s position
- Background in Retail, e-Commerce, Management Consulting and/or Finance
- Experience in P&L management
- Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development
- Experience working with global companies or international negotiations
- High threshold for working and thriving in an ambiguous, fast paced environment – figuring it out and adapting as you go
- Familiarity with database analysis and/or SQL
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History