Account Executive, Mid Market - Slack (Financial Services)
- About Salesforce
- Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” seven years in a row and #1 on the FORTUNE ‘100 Best Companies to Work For®’ List. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
- About Slack Business Unit
- Slack has transformed business communication. It’s the leading channel-based collaboration platform, used by millions to align their teams, unify their systems, and drive their businesses forward. Only Slack offers a secure, enterprise-grade environment that can scale with the largest companies in the world. It is a new layer of the business technology stack where people can work together more effectively, connect all their other software tools and services, and find the information they need to do their best work. Slack is where work happens.
- About Role:
- Drive revenue and own the full cycle sales process including prospecting new leads, navigating the C-suite and business line owners, negotiating contracts, and closing new and renewal business with customers
- Provide recommendations based on a customer’s business needs and usage patterns
- Handle inbound customer communication and organize/escalate issues appropriately including: billing, legal, security, and technical inquiries
- Collaborate and work with different members of the Accounts team (Technical Account Managers, Customer Success Managers, Leadership, etc.) to build strategic adoption plans for customers
- Educate customers on the value of Slack in a thoughtful way
- Serve as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas including product
- You will do this by:
- Partnering with internal resources in order to drive additional value and expertise
- Educating customers on the value of our products in a consultative way
- Generating pipeline that leads to closed revenue and quota attainment
- Selling on value and return on investment vs. technical functionality
- Building credibility and trust while influencing buying decisions
- Uncovering business initiatives and pain points to map back our solutions across multiple lines of business
- Creating demand by uncovering business problems and matching them to our solution
- Having a deep understanding of the way businesses operate, and the priorities that drive decisions from the C-level
- What you should have:
- 5+ years of full cycle SaaS closing experience
- Experience selling SaaS software that can be used across multiple departments, preferably company-wide
- Experience engaging multiple stakeholders throughout the sales cycle including Legal, IT, Security, Finance, and Procurement
- Experience (and enjoy!) collaborating with internal sales teams like Solutions Engineers and Custom Success Managers
- Experience creating global engagement across multiple lines of business and broadening product support within an organization
- You are an expert storyteller, effectively developing relationships with senior managers and the C-suite
- You love traveling and have the ability to travel 20-30% of the time
- Our investment in you:
- World class enablement and on-demand training - check out Trailhead.com for a sneak peek!
- Sandler Sales Training
- Week-long product bootcamp
- Fast Ramp mentorship program
- Weekly 1:1 coaching with your leadership
- Clear path to promotion with accelerated leadership development programs
- Exposure to executive thought leaders with a passion for living our values
- If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
- At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
- Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
- Salesforce welcomes all.
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.