Account Executive, General Enterprise/Enterprise (Retail & Consumer Goods)
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” seven years in a row and #1 on the FORTUNE ‘100 Best Companies to Work For®’ List. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
About Slack Business Unit
As an established Account Executive, you know how to navigate through Retail & Consumer Goods organizations. You’re knowledgeable about your clients’ specific challenges and business objectives. You understand how to align your software offering to build a custom solution that your clients can’t live without. You understand what it means to sell a value based solution to and engage with C-suite Executives. You've made extensive contributions to your product roadmap by collecting customer feedback and requests and delivering those to internal teams. Your storytelling skills are unmatched so presenting to business line owners across multiple departments won’t be a problem for you. You excel in dynamic environments so shifting gears at a moment's notice and providing excellent customer service is what you consistently deliver.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we seek to be inquisitive, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative.
Success will be measured by overall performance in bringing in net new clients and expanding existing accounts, all while delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- Drive revenue and lead the full cycle sales process including prospecting new leads, navigating the C-suite and business line owners, negotiating contracts, and closing new and renewal business
- Provide recommendations based on a customers’ business needs and usage patterns
- Balance inbound customer communication and prioritize/call out issues appropriately including: billing, legal, security, and technical inquiries
- Collaborate with different members of the Sales team (Solutions Engineers, Customer Success Managers, Leadership, etc.) to build strategic adoption plans for customers
- Educate customers on the value of Slack in a thoughtful way
- Serve as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas including Product
You will do this by:
- Partnering with internal resources in order to drive additional value and expertise
- Educating customers on the value of our products in a consultative way
- Generating pipeline that leads to closed revenue and quota attainment
- Selling on value and return on investment vs. technical functionality
- Building credibility and trust while influencing buying decisions
- Uncovering business initiatives and difficulties to map back our solutions across multiple lines of business
- Crafting demand by uncovering business problems and matching them to our solution
- Having a deep understanding of the way businesses operate, and the priorities that drive decisions from the C-level
What you should have:
- 5+ years of full cycle sales experience, preferably in SaaS
- You are an adept storyteller, actively engaging and developing relationships with senior managers and the C-suite
- You have experience (and should enjoy!) collaborating with internal sales teams like Solutions Engineers and Customer Success Managers
- You have worked in a highly matrixed environment and understand how to sell internally as well as externally
- You’ve sold SaaS software that can be used across every stakeholder, multiple departments, and every industry
- You've built global engagement across multiple lines of business and broadened product support within Retail & Consumer Goods organizations
- You enjoy traveling and have the ability to travel 20-30% of the time
Our investment in you:
- Premier enablement and on-demand training - check out Trailhead.com for a sneak peek!
- Sandler Sales Training
- Week-long product bootcamp
- Fast Ramp mentorship program
- Weekly 1:1 coaching with your leadership
- Clear path to promotion with accelerated leadership development programs
- Exposure to executive leaders with vision and with a passion for living our values
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $101,65. You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.