Financial Analyst, AWS Americas Sales Finance
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Financial Analyst to join the Americas, Commercial Sales Finance team in support of the Canada Sales area. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest growing divisions within Amazon and to help build the foundation for a rapidly growing Americas Field Finance organization.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Produce month end commentary and analysis on key drivers for topline and bottom line performance, risks and opportunities, and recommendations for improvement.
* Develop & maintain effective business partnership throughout short- and long-term financial planning cycles. Partner with services finance and sales leadership to build a bottoms up operating plan and establish key initiatives to achieve topline and bottom line targets.
* Deliver analysis and recommendations to enhance field productivity, accelerate growth, improve processes, identify new key metrics, and communicate best practices.
* Build models to measure the impact of past initiatives, assess the feasibility of new ideas, and support decision making.
* Validate and improve controllership functions. This includes but is not limited to reporting accuracy, area training, customer past due balances, private pricing agreements, non-standard discounts or deal terms, and quality of writing.
The successful candidate will have shown experience in past roles influencing business owners and supporting decision-making in rapidly evolving environments. This role requires a self-starter with excellent modeling skills, a keen attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects effectively. This role also has regular interactions with the sales leadership team, and therefore requires effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- 3+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field.
- 3+ years’ of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* An MBA or MS in Finance, Economics, or a related field
* Experience building and managing Excel models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and decision support
* Experience manipulating data using SQL or similar tools
* Experience in a business partnering role
* Experience working independently, meeting tight deadlines, and being a self-starter in a fast paced and rapidly-changing environment
* Experience influencing decisions through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives
* Experience improving processes, including the ability to innovate and simplify both finance and operational processes
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History