System Dev Engineer
The Amazon Fulfillment Technologies Support Team is looking for a Sr. Devops Engineer who will join the team which supports all software application responsible for shipment, item availability, customer promises, shipment optimization and other functions related to fulfillment services process.
Your problem resolving skill will benefit customers directly, insuring Amazon able to meet all its commitments to our customers. Primary responsibilities include troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing production software issues, developing monitoring solutions, performing software maintenance and configuration, implementing the fix for internally developed code (Perl, Ruby, C/C++, JAVA), performing SQL queries, updating, tracking and resolving technical challenges, build and develop tools which will automate daily operational activities.
Responsibilities also include working alongside development on Amazon Corporate and Divisional Software projects, updating/enhancing our current software, automation of support processes and documentation of our systems.
Your solutions will impact our customers directly! This job requires you to constantly hit the ground running and your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks will define your success. High Impact production issues often require coordination between multiple Development, Operations and IT Support groups, so you get to experience a breadth of impact with various groups.
The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, able to work independently and can maintain professionalism under pressure. You must be able to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages. You must be able to accurately prioritize projects, make sound judgments, work to improve the customer experience, and get the right things done.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field.
- 2 or more years' overall development/technical support experience.
- Object oriented development experience in C++ and/or Java.
- Experience in UNIX/Linux operating system.
- Experience in database architecture and perform SQL queries.
- Other desired technical skills include Perl, Ruby, Python
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
- Demonstrates skill and passion for operational excellence.
In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History