Lead Data Architect
Products and Technology
Business Technology blazes the trail of enterprise IT. Built on the foundation of our core values - Trust, Customer Success, Equality, and Innovation - we own more than the traditional IT components with a heavy focus on working closely with our business partners for amazing outcomes. Our goal is to deliver technology that is centered around our business and our collective success. We oversee technology strategy, Salesforce on Salesforce, customer and partner enablement, applications engineering, infrastructure, collaboration, enterprise operations, architecture, and program enablement. We own the world’s foremost Salesforce implementation and enable our global Ohana to do their best work by leveraging our platform.
The Salesforce Business Technology (BT) looking for a Data Architect in the Data Engineering & Platform team. Lead Data Architect would be responsible for defining and leading the Data Architecture, Data Quality and Data Governance initiatives at Slack. This is a key role responsible for architecting scalable solutions for complex projects/problems in the Data Engineering, Data Platform and Data Integration space.
This Architect will work with cross-functional business partners, engineers, program managers and strategic vendor partners to design data systems aligned to business strategy. We are looking for an energetic, self-starter with a results-oriented spirit and the ability to navigate a rapidly changing landscape. If you take pride in your technical expertise, have a passion for innovation and a desire to improve the data across Slack, this job is perfect for you!
- Lead the data architecture and related technical strategies in the areas of data management, data platform, business analytics, data catalog, data quality, ETL, enrichment and data integration.
- Passionate about designing, maintaining and documenting data models (conceptual/physical) based on functional areas enabling effective and timely enterprise analytics.
- Build data strategy to enable both short-term and long-term needs for an extensible, trustworthy, and modern data architecture capable of evolving with changing needs.
- Experience with Sales, Finance, Marketing and Product data and related applications like Salesforce, Xactly, Oracle, etc.
- Work closely with data engineering and platform leaders to define best practices
- Lead initiatives like implementing data quality framework, data catalog, data governance and improving engineering productivity.
- Own and maintain data model and architecture supporting enterprise analytics at Slack.
- Uses extensive technical expertise to build case for change in technology architecture strategy
- Help the customers and business partners of the enterprise data warehouse and analytics team to eliminate constraints from the legacy data architecture
- Develop architecture artifacts to improve business architecture, with a focus on innovation and agility
- Apply best practices using innovative ideas to increase awareness, efficiency and value delivery of data architecture
- Relationship Management: Develop and manage expectations for communication channels and/or stakeholder groups. Initiate communications between key contributors and stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact for cross-functional solution architecture. Facilitate open communication and discussion between stakeholders.
- Scoping/Effort Estimates: contribute to solution scoping and effort sizing with a cross-functional team.
- Research: stay informed on technology trends and product roadmaps to make informed solution architecture recommendations.
- 12+ years relevant experience in data warehousing, data modeling, data architecture
- Experience as enterprise/data architect in business analytics and data engineering domain
- 10+ years of experience working with partners in traditionally non-engineering functions (Sales, Marketing, Legal, HR, Finance, etc).
- Strong technical skills in data warehousing, SQL, data modeling and working with large scale data warehouses preferably cloud based platforms like Snowflake, Redshift etc.
- Experience working and developing on cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services/Azure/GCP.
- Experience building scalable and performant data solutions leveraging technologies like Hive, Spark, etc.
- Proficient in programming languages like Python/Java
- Experience building ETL pipelines using ETL Tools, Airflow etc.
- Proficiency in building Architecture Roadmaps, Systems Design, Solution Architecture, software development lifecycle and with an understanding of Business Architecture methodologies.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking abilities, to assess complex problems, analyze options and navigate diverse perspectives and objectives.
- Familiarity with data quality, data catalog and governance concepts.
- Strong leadership, relationship building, negotiating skills to collaborate and influence cross-functional leaders while operating on multiple parallel initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written with an ability to present the essence of complex business and technical issues to a wide range of audiences--both technical as well as executive.
This role is Office-Flex (~1-3 days/wk in office) or Fully Remote
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Your application has been successfully submitted.