Head of Slack Customer Marketing
- Slack is looking for a leader for our customer marketing team. This role is different from most customer marketing roles, because Slack has a massive, global community of customers who are passionate about Slack and the difference that it has made in their working lives. Slack is not an application that just some roles/organizations use- everyone from CEOs to developers to sales reps to shop floor employees use Slack. Our customers transform how they work, moving from siloed email communication to connected, open and faster ways of work and they love to evangelize with us.
- We are looking for a proven customer marketing leader to continue to put a diverse set of customers and their leaders at the heart of every moment that we create, build out inspiring customer stories that highlight the positive impact they achieve, and lead the customer marketing team to greater alignment and outcomes. The ideal candidate has a builder mentality and likes to figure things out, thrives in very cross functional and collaborative organizations, and is driven by the impact that they and their team create together.
- This role requires someone who is capable of working in partnership with matrixed teams. The head of customer marketing is an HQ role, and aligns with and works with regional customer marketers around the globe. In addition, this team works with both enterprise customer success and sales to source and land icon references, as well as working with our community team to source inspiring stories from all walks of life. And as part of Salesforce...
- Responsibilities will include:
- Customers at the heart of everything. You will lead the company and the marketing team to anchor every narrative, every launch, every campaign on customer stories. You'll demonstrate that nearly every example of the value of Slack and any feature is best exemplified through the voice of our customers and their stories. You lead a team that partners with sales, customer success and comms to harvest and maintain great customer relationships and narratives. Other teams can rely on you and your team for the stories that they need to include for their campaign, their pitch, their analyst bake-off.
- Customer value foundation. You will lead the team to build out customer value stories aligned with business personas (engineering, sales, service, marketing, etc) and industry needs (financial services, public sector, etc). Partner with customer success and communications to source and receive approval for C-level stories across world class brands.
- Strategic and hands on. You like to take a mental step back, see the broader picture and set the strategy based on business goals, peer organization needs and your experienced POV. At the same time you are happy to roll up your sleeves and work with your team to coach and inspire them.
- You are:
- A Builder. Turning cranks in a machine that someone else built bores you, figuring out how to achieve results and establish best practices is your jam
- A Story teller. In your personal life, at work- you tell stories with a clear narrative and an obvious point
- Collaborative. Working with other teams motivates you to drive greater outcomes and alignment
- Experienced. You grew up in customer marketing and can coach and lead your team based on first-hand experience
- Enterprise ready. You bring deep experience working with C level executives at household name brands
- For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $140,300. You may also be entitled to receive bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits.
- If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
- At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
- Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
- Salesforce welcomes all.
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time
- Slack is a messaging app for business which lets you organize conversations into channels so everyone moves faster and stays in sync. It’s a platform that connects everyone in your business—employees, customers, and partners— securely with each other and integrates easily with apps you use every day to get work done. And everything happens, using any device, within a digital workspace that’s super easy to use.
- Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
- Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
Your application has been successfully submitted.