Program Manager, Prime Video Canada
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a collection of thousands of movies and TV shows—all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. Prime members can watch hit TV series, popular movies and Amazon Originals including The Boys, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Emmy and Golden Globe-winner The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and more, available for unlimited streaming as a part of Prime membership. Customers in Canada can also add channels they love and rent or buy popular movies.
We are seeking a talented Program Manager to join our Prime Video team in Canada. This individual will act as category lead for the Prime Video Store, an offering which allows customers to purchase or rent thousands of feature films within the Prime Video catalog. This role will include managing external partnerships, defining programming and promotions strategy, and scaling marketing programs.
This role is inherently cross-functional and involves working closely with merchandising, marketing, engineering, product management, operations, and executive teams. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, communicative and will have the ability to work independently under time constraints. They will have a proven track record in successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
Key job responsibilities
- Manage the accounts of studio and major network group vendors for Canada
- Oversee business planning around customer acquisition, retention, and engagement tactics
- Lead pricing and promotion strategy
- Lead paid and organic marketing strategy and manage execution
- Act as vendor liaison for marketing and operations teams
- Manage content programming and merchandising priorities
- Analyze and report performance to vendors and senior leadership
- Influence content acquisition and product priorities for Canadian customers
- Experience implementing repeatable processes and driving automation or standardization
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience defining and executing against program requirements
- 3+ years experience in program or project management
- 3+ years experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Excellent negotiation and external relationship experience
- Strong quantitative analysis, problem solving and project management skills
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to get things done
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience communicating complex business concepts in verbal and written form
- Ability to influence others with data driven arguments
- Knowledge of the digital video or entertainment industry
- Experience in a partner/vendor-facing role
- Preference for 6+ years of experience in buying, account management, product management, project management, financial analysis and/or marketing, especially in digital/e-commerce
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History