Manager- Business Operations (Multiple locations), AWS Commerce Platform- Global Business Operations
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider–from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases–to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Commerce Platform provides the back and front-end services that enable AWS customers to purchase AWS services and understand and manage their infrastructure costs.
Our teams tackle some of the hardest scalability, performance, and distributed computing challenges the world. We process trillions of events per month using stream processing techniques (Kinesis), process billions of line items via map reduce (EMR), and manage artifacts through the latest in database technologies (DynamoDB and Aurora). We process big data and provide tools for customers to interactively understand their bills.
We also provide the analytics that let customers manage billions of dollars of IT usage and spending. Because we sit at the nexus of all AWS services and interact directly with end-customers, we also work closely across all AWS teams to ensure that we offer a great customer experience. Help shape the future of AWS Commerce Platform.
AWS Monetization is one of the pillars within AWS Commerce Platform, a set of services that AWS customers use to access, organize, understand, control, and optimize their cloud infrastructure and spend. Commerce Platform provides granular usage data, computes charges, issues invoices, provides mechanisms for customers to settle those charges, protects AWS and its customers from fraudulent usage, and tracks all this information for the company’s benefit in the Data Warehouse.
Platform team is seeking a seasoned systems and business operations manager who can lead a team of program managers, business and operations analysts. You are a process improvement champion proactively own operational excellence in the private pricing space.
This will include improving multiple existing defined processes as well as designing new streamlined processes, removing manual steps by driving automation; expanding the scope of existing processes; ensuring data integrity within our systems; and communicating frequently with multiple teams and stakeholders.
The successful candidate must be a strong communicator, a strategic long term thinker, have the ability to drive multiple process improvements simultaneously, and thrive in a dynamic, quickly changing environment.
Key job responsibilities
You should be a self-starter with a bias towards independent problem solving and experience leading global teams performing complex financial operations processes. You’ll provide clear communication and the ability to prioritize as you build processes at scale. You will be comfortable with accounting principles, working with giant data sets, process design, and lean/six sigma/kaizen methodology for process improvement.
A critical factor for success is the ability to manage deep levels of complexity, distill this into easily understood and actionable steps, and deliver results within an aggressive timeline. You must be great at communicating complex issues simply and to any audience. You will thrive in a rapid growth environment that’s filled with ambiguity.
About the team
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at , we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- 7+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects with tech and non-tech teams
- 7+ years of experience in program/project management
- 7+ years of experience in Sales Operations, Program Operations a similar role in a corporate environment supporting a global tech organization
- 5+ years of experience in systems administration and/or analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
- Hands-on experience with driving improvements for technical infrastructure and SDLC
- PMP or Project Management Certification
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt or Kaizen certification
- Master’s in Business Administration
- Familiarity with building large scale solutions across many integrated and distributed systems, with great availability, performance, and security
- Superior oral and written communication skills. Financial, analytical and communication skills. Professional skills in reporting and communications.
- Experience defining, refining and implementing processes, procedures and policies. Relevant work experience in business operations role for a large organization. Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel, and SQL skills
- Ability to work independently with limited general supervision and prioritize competing demands.
- Passion for working in a complex, fast-paced organization, and desire to own and refine key operational processes
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History