Software Engineer, iOS Application Infrastructure (Mid & Senior Level)
Products and Technology
We are looking for people who are passionate about building strong, sustainable infrastructure for the Slack iOS client.
Slack on iOS is used by millions of people every week. We need infrastructure engineers who will support development of our iOS client by helping build out solid foundations from networking and data persistence to user interface and app performance. We’re looking for engineers who are either generalists across all those areas, or who specialize in either UI or data/networking infrastructure. The iOS infrastructure team supports development across the entire organization to ensure that we’re delivering a highly performant and robust app to our users.
As an infrastructure engineer, you like building for the long term and value patterns and structures that allow for maximum flexibility in a constantly evolving product. You excel in leading others and derive joy from mentoring and growing other iOS engineers. You set a high bar for the technical design and code quality of your team. You demonstrate exceptional ownership of not only the area of your team, but across Slack’s entire iOS codebase. You have a “can do” demeanor and nothing is beneath you or outside your responsibilities because you do what it takes to deliver the highest quality code and the most impactful features.
What You Should Have
- 4+ years of working experience in iOS development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Experience developing with Swift
- Familiarity with API design and developing self-documenting, reusable components
- Familiarity building native user interfaces with UIKit or SwiftUI
- Experience developing highly performant code and view layouts and the ability to diagnose performance bottlenecks
- A disciplined approach to development, testing, documentation and code structure in a team environment
- An interest in guiding, influencing, and growing other iOS engineers and teams
- Extensive understanding of the standard system APIs
- A familiarity with the iOS tool ecosystem for development, testing, debugging, and performance benchmarking
- An excellent understanding of standard methodologies for concurrency and threading
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take things higher
- Experience on an client infrastructure, frameworks, or foundations team
- Experience using Slack and a keen interest in making it better
- A passion for building and maintaining excellent open source projects or otherwise contributing to the iOS community
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture; we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and above all, collaborative.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Your application has been successfully submitted.