Senior User Researcher
Products and Technology
Slack is hiring a Senior User Researcher to help us make people’s working lives simpler, more pleasant and more productive.
We’re looking for senior user researchers to work across our product organization. They will help us understand how to improve foundational parts of the core product experience and/or deepen our understanding of the communication and collaboration challenges large companies face both on and off Slack.
The Research & Analytics team aims to improve the product experience and maintain a customer-centered culture at Slack through practical and impactful research on how people use Slack and what their needs are. The nature of our work covers every stage of the product development cycle — from the formative to the evaluative and everything in between. We’re looking for researchers who are passionate about technology, comfortable in a dynamic organization, have excellent communication and collaboration skills, and are focused squarely on improving our product and our business.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together, we aim to be smart, humble, hard working and collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Gather and prioritize key research questions from product, design, engineering, and marketing partners
- Plan and conduct practical, impactful research via a diverse set of methods throughout the entire product cycle
- Analyze results and translate them into clear, compelling narratives that inspire action and change among your stakeholders
- Engage with cross-functional product teams as they build, consulting on their execution and identifying new opportunities
- Partner closely with Researchers and Data Scientists in other product areas to ensure a consistent and always-evolving view of the user experience
- Act as an internal evangelist for our customers, our users and product research as a discipline
What you should have
- 5+ years industry experience*
- Deep experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis
- Experience managing research projects in partnership with cross-functional teams
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Strong storytelling skills and an ability to frame insights into compelling narratives
- Familiarity with developing or using frameworks to align cross-functional teams
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and perform a wide variety of research-related tasks, including recruiting participants when the situation demands it
*This is a rough guide, but we recognize that strong researchers come from a variety of paths and backgrounds — please apply if you feel you’d be a good fit!
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Your application has been successfully submitted.