Senior Director, Product Management, Platform Experience
Products and TechnologyJob Details
We are seeking a product leader to lead the user experience for Slack’s next generation platform! In this role, you will be responsible for developing experiences that help end users customize their Slack experience and integrate it with the tools they use everyday. You’ll also work with partners across the product organization to ensure that new product experiences are extensible to both developers and builders — non-technical people leveraging Slack’s no-code platform tools. If you love turning complex, multi-constituent product problems into seamless, easy to understand user experiences, this is your opportunity to flex your skills on one of Slack’s most critical business problems!
This is a senior individual contributor role reporting into Foundations Product — the teams that build and maintain the user experience of Slack — while maintaining a strong working relationship with our Platform product organization.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Own the user experience strategy for the Slack Platform. Develop the roadmap, prototyping plan, and product specs, demonstrating excellent product judgement, clear prioritization, and the ability to communicate both effectively to cross-functional partners and executives
- Ship products that customers love. Champion the voice of our users backed by research and insights from the sales and customer experience teams. You will be responsible for driving a crucial product initiative at Slack and should show the attention to detail this responsibility deserves
- Partner with colleagues in product, engineering, design, and customer support to create a healthy, high-achieving team
- Working with partners in Platform and Technical Programs to build a sustainable model for extending Slack’s core features to the platform in the future
- Partner closely with design, user research, and data science to ensure our platform offerings are comprehensible, usable, and competitive within the productivity tools space
- Work with the Platform team to ensure our platform architecture, documentation, and developer tools support a best in class user experience
What you should have
- 11+ years of Product Management experience, including experience creating software with a focus on UX
- Depth of experience leading business-critical product initiatives. You can take big ideas and turn them into a roadmap of features and research with minimal guidance
- Ability to think big and small to build incremental features and prototypes in service of a larger vision. You are as comfortable working in paper-prototypes as you are building out scalable features for demanding enterprise clients and know when to do which
- Written communication that is clear and effective, and leads to fast decision making
- Comfortable and skilled at presenting to and gaining traction with audiences of all sizes, from executive meetings with our CEO to customer meetings, company all-hands, and external events
- Technically proficient: capable of wading into the details but can also drive 30k foot view
- You’ve worked on consumer products before and have strong opinions on what makes for an excellent productivity experience
- You have experience building platforms that rely on multiple user types to thrive. Maybe you’ve built a marketplace, a content creation platform, or productivity and collaboration tools with admin support
- You have a design background or strong experience building well-designed and useful products
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Your application has been successfully submitted.