Senior Android Mobile Developer Experience
Products and TechnologyJob Details
The Mobile Developer Experience team builds the tools and infrastructure required to enable mobile client development at Slack’s ever-increasing scale. This team’s ambitious mission is to make Slack the best place in the world to be a mobile developer. Software engineers on the Mobile DevXP team understand that the best mobile applications are developed by mobile teams that have great internal tools, the most stable and scalable automated testing infrastructure, and an extensive performance benchmarking toolset.
As a mobile developer experience engineer, you realize that every extra second a build takes is a second lost, that every reliably run test is another bug prevented, and that many of the tools needed to develop amazing mobile applications still need to be dreamed up and built. You will create, support, and internally promote the tools and infrastructure that make the lives of Slack mobile developers, and potentially the larger mobile developer community, more pleasant and more productive.
- A feedback-driven and customer-centered approach towards internal product development
- Strong computer science fundamentals and a knack for building production systems that scale
- An eagerness to work with and integrate 3rd party systems with the good judgement to know when it’s appropriate to build something in-house instead
- The ability to work within whichever programming language is required to get the job done, be it Kotlin, Python, Java, etc. with proficiency in at least one
- Experience creating and interfacing with developer workflow automation
- A constant desire to improve, learn more, and take things higher
- Familiarity with the current state of the Android development tool ecosystem for development, testing, debugging, and performance benchmarking
- Familiarity with test automation, especially UI test automation
- Experience developing mobile applications
- Experience developing distributed systems at scale
- Experience creating analytics dashboards
- Experience using Slack and a keen interest in making it better
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture; we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and above all, collaborative.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Your application has been successfully submitted.