Capture Lead - Public Sector & Government (Education), Business Architecture, Data & AI Service Line
Capture Leads for Public Sector & Government (Education) & Business Architecture are responsible for leading a team of pre-sales resources for the most complex deals to ensure the creation of comprehensive deal artifacts including solution scope & approach, cost estimates, resourcing mix, financial costs, risks & partnering approach. Capture Leads partner closely with sales peers to ensure capture principles are applied during the deal cycle. Ensuring deal velocity & deal quality is vital. Warm handover to the Area team to manage the delivery ensures a quality experience for the customer.
Key Capabilities: Individuals in the Capture Lead role should be able to demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Complex Data & AI Deal Leadership – Ability to:
- Lead virtual team(s) to develop Data & AI solutions that enable compelling customer proposals;
- Skilled in influencing customer, partner, and internal stakeholders to remove obstacles & drive deals forward, leveraging required methods & tools for deals including win theming, partner strategy & competitive positioning.
- Complex Data & AI Deal Quality - Ability to:
- Coordinate the development of Data & AI artifacts for complex deals that meet customer and partner expectations of scope, timeline, deliverables & business outcomes.
- Skilled in communicating expectations for Data & AI artifact development & optimizing resource mix in line with Data & AI deal complexity & customer requirements.
- Complex Data & AI Deal Execution - Ability to:
- Drive the pre-sales Data & AI solutioning stages from developing the joint Data & AI roadmap and solution strategy through to proving solution value;
- Skilled in planning, intentionally leveraging IP & orchestrating teams to deliver successfully through effective communications, workstream management, stakeholder management & deal team rhythms.
- Complex Data & AI Deal Health - Ability to:
- Interrogate and interpret data which underpins quality deal creation and reusable intellectual property (IP);
- Skilled in leveraging insights from tools, dashboards and lessons learned to mitigate risk and improve overall deal health.
- Bachelor's Degree OR MBA in Engineering, Management or related field AND 8+ years’ experience in management consulting, sales, consultative sales, or related customer and partner facing role.
- OR the equivalent experience.
Location/Travel: You may be based anywhere in the United States, the East Coast is preferred. You can expect limited global travel, 0 – 25%, contingent upon Covid-19 restrictions.
Knowledge of Cloud, Data, Analytics, and Artificial Intelligence technologies, go-to-market, C-Level gravitas, multimillion-dollar deal structuring, and global team leadership will be important in this role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is between $144,600 and $216,600. At Microsoft, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role. Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.US-based employees gain access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and fitness benefits, among others.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.