Technical Program Manager
- Manage a portfolio of data center programs from initiation through execution, enhancing business value across different program delivery dimensions.
- Leverage technical acumen in mechanical/electrical systems, structures, and networking infrastructure to facilitate engineering problem solving
- Differentiate Microsoft data center delivery to create a competitive advantage by applying ‘Best in Class’ project and program management expertise.
- Drive business results through a regimented focus on key performance indicators and business goals, promoting clarity and motivation to the project team to execute on time, under budget, while delivering high quality results with zero rework
- Apply world-class technical and competitive ecosystem knowledge to respond to competitive challenges in data center delivery.
- Use experience and expertise to improve design templates and process.
- Design and drive implementation of reporting by interfacing with business, engineering, finance, operations, and systems teams to provide actionable insights.
- Deliver on ambiguous projects with multiple stakeholders, unclear requirements, and incomplete data.
- Engineering degree plus 5-8 years of project / program / construction management experience
- 2+ years of Experience driving execution with hyper-scale cloud engineering groups.
- Demonstrates deep subject matter expertise on key functional areas of mechanical, electrical, networking, construction, or building automation systems.
- MBA preferred.
- Should have a mix of technical and program management skills and experience.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- 5-8 years of program management / datacenter construction / self-motivated, confident working at a senior executive level and comfortable working in a matrixed organization
- Strong program and project management skills
- Technical program management experience managing scope, schedule, budget, quality, people, risk, and communications.
- Demonstrably clear leadership skills and experience working with large, diverse teams.
- Understanding of business and financial objectives and plans accordingly.
- Exceptional executive level communication and engagement skills.
- Ability to work in a flexible, fast paced environment.
- Track record of coaching teams and mentoring others in planning, organizing, and coordinating their work.
- Demonstrated technical excellence in learning and applying successful strategies and implementing. improvements to engineering methods and quality practices across the data center delivery portfolio.
The ideal candidate possesses the following:
- MBA or equivalent advanced degree
- Experience applying Earned Value Management techniques to measure project performance
- Experience managing large scale construction or network infrastructure projects
- Exceptional problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Understanding of contract language
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Project Manager, Program Manager, Data Center, Datacenter, Engineering, Construction,
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.