Lead Technical Solutions Manager (Sr. Service Engineering Manager)
The Global Technical Solutions team, part of Microsoft Advertising, provides a range of technical solution architecting, planning, and delivery for advertising clients and partners. Our objective is to provide service and support which wins the loyalty of Microsoft Advertising customers and partners to achieve more.
We are looking for a curious, client-obsessed Senior Service Engineering Manager who has a demonstrated track record in building teams through effective and strong leadership and has empowered people to help customers succeed. The Senior Service Engineering Manager is a strong people manager dedicated to leading a high performing team, cultivating a culture where everyone does their best work and building deep relationships with sales partners and top clients.
The Manager leads a team of Technical Account Managers (TAM) adept at identifying solutions for top clients across the Microsoft Ads product portfolio and working with sales partners to identify and implement solutions that enable client success and growth. This is done with a focus on technical strategies and customized solutions that utilize the Microsoft Ads platform to its fullest in strong cross group collaborations with the Global Microsoft Advertising Sales and Partner teams.
TAMs also represent the voice of the client to influence product improvements and feature priority. The Manager is steeped in the competitive landscape, evangelizes the value of advertising with Microsoft Ads and excels at telling the Microsoft Ads story to clients.
- Strong people manager and leader driving team operational efficiency, strategic direction and high employee satisfaction. Builds deep relationships with sales partners focused on enabling client success
- Managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Model - Live our culture; Embody our values; Practice our leadership principles.
- Coach - Define team objectives and outcomes; Enable success across boundaries; Help the team adapt and learn.
- Care - Attract and retain great people; Know each individual’s capabilities and aspirations; Invest in the growth of others.
- Enables an environment in which people can do their best work, ensuring your team builds the customer focus, collaboration skills, technical expertise, agility and excellent communication and interpersonal skills needed to support our customers effectively
- Client obsessed with a passion for developing and delivering technical solutions
- Fosters a strong partnership between technical support and services teams and sales stakeholders
- Possesses deep technical knowledge across all aspects of the Microsoft Ads platform and network including Search and Native/Display
- Identifies opportunities to educate sales teams through knowledge resources and training
- Influences the product roadmap through representation of voice of the client
- Engages directly with clients in partnership with sales team to resolve technical escalations and help drive growth initiatives and feature implementation
- Takes advantage of the latest Microsoft technology, including Azure and Power Platform to create best in class employee, partner and client satisfaction
- Conducts employee assessment discussions, provides coaching, shares feedback regularly and partners with employees on career development.
- Hire, lead, and mentor a team of service engineers, providing technical and career coaching to help them grow their skills and careers.
- At least 5 years of experience in product support, customer service industry, technical support, product support, end-user support, IT Admin support, Consulting, or developer support.
- People management or team lead experience in a customer facing role, or equivalent
5+ years of search advertising industry experience in search and native/display (Preferred)
Experience consulting and working directly with clients
Experience resolving technical support escalations
Experience partnering with sales or functioning in a client services and support organization
Strong collaboration skills
Knowledge of wider digital marketing and technology trends
A strong technical background
Experience partnering with product and engineering teams
Demonstrated skills building and leading strong, diverse teams
BA or BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.