CPU DFT Engineering Lead/Manager
The silicon computing development team is seeking passionate, driven, and intellectually curious computer/electrical engineers to deliver premium-quality designs once considered impossible. Our team is involved in numerous projects within Microsoft developing custom silicon for a diverse set of systems ranging from traditional computing solutions to artificial intelligence and augmented reality. We are responsible for delivering cutting-edge, custom CPU and SoC designs that can perform complex and high-performance functions in an extremely efficient manner.
In this role, you will:
- Be a key member of technical management team developing world-class and complex next generation CPU designs.
- Build, lead, manage and grow a diverse and inclusive team.
- Define & refine DFT development methodologies, plans and schedules
- Lead and plan the work of your team on multiple simultaneous development projects with broader leadership team.
- Provide expertise and leadership on all aspects of DFT and DFD.
- Work cross functionally as a team with specialists in architecture, design, physical design, custom circuits, product engineering and post silicon validation.
- Engage with partners to drive continuous improvement to both the design and the DFT tools/flows to ensure optimal solutions in design implementation.
- Manage direct reports by goal setting, mentoring, coaching, and providing performance appraisals, career planning and compensation recommendations.
- 15+ years demonstrated experience in DFT for VLSI designs
- Excellent debug skills for RTL and gate level simulations
- Experience in DFT scan insertion and or Custom Memory BIST design and verification.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting and be able to research innovative solutions for challenging business/technical problems.
- Solid technical aptitude and problem solving skills, take initiative, and must be result driven strong debugging skills.
- Strong plus if familiar with Tessent DFT tools from Mentor Siemens.
- Well-versed in scan insertion, ATPG, MBIST, JTAG, IO BIST, Scan Compression, and at-speed testing.
- Experience with industry standard simulation, ATPG and MBIST tools, particularly Mentor.
- Knowledge of defect types, fault models, silicon bring-up, debug and validation of DFT features on ATE.
- Extensive experience in 7nm and below technologies.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Strong communication, collaboration and teamwork skills and ability to contribute to diverse and inclusive teams.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.