Software Engineer II
- Design, write and deliver software and infrastructure to improve the resiliency, reliability, scalability, and efficiency of the services.
- Build reusable libraries of services resiliency patterns such as Circuit Breaker, Bulkhead, retry polices for other teams to leverage.
- Develop load test infrastructure and performance gates.
- Integrate Chaos Engineering and continuous verification into the CI/CD pipeline.
- 3+ years of software development in C# and .Net or other compiled languages.
- Experience with scripting languages such as bash, python, and PowerShell.
- Proven experience creating distributed systems tools of moderate to high complexity.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Passion for quality and a growth mindset.
- Experience with working with Chaos Engineering tools is a plus.
- Experience with working in a Platform team is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.