Principal Software Engineer
- Design and deliver features end to end that are ‘serviceable’. Distributed computation, high scale, high availability, geo-redundancy, low maintenance and with provable quality
- Able to handle large scope and feature ownership by working under self-driven initiatives with PM and across teams
- BSc in Computer Science or related technical field experience
- 8+ years software development experience with familiarity of at least one of OOP languages: C++/C#/Java
- 4+ years of experience in distributed systems
- Strong coding and problem solving skills
- Able to ramp up new technologies fast
- Server and/or service experience is preferred but is not a must
- Experience with Machine Learning is preferred but is not a must
Come and stretch your talent in a highly technical team. You will have plenty of opportunities to grow if you are a developer who is strong, excited about the space and is hungry!
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.