Sr. Recruiter – Channel Specialist
Amazon is a fast-growing business in need of a Sr. Technology Recruiter to help the Consumer business scale. There is no greater reward in recruiting than seeing your hired candidates have a significant, positive impact on the business. You will be part of a high visibility team focused on having an impact on the business whilst recruiting for technical talent for Consumer Organization.
You will need to draw on extensive knowledge of the business; forge dynamic relationships with leaders, managers, HR BP’s work directly in partnership with team members in building out the next generation sourcing strategies.
Key job responsibilities
In this role, you will be responsible for talent attraction strategies against a timeline, generating leads/referrals, program management and utilizing your experience setting benchmarks and metrics. You will be is responsible for developing, strategizing, and executing an ER program to produce qualified technical candidates. Our Sr. Technical Recruiter thrive in innovative, fast-paced environments, can roll up their sleeves, work hard, have fun, and get the job done. You will have the opportunity to draw on your extensive knowledge of technical recruiting and will forge dynamic relationships with stakeholders. You will lead interview debrief discussions, guide offer ready candidates through the team matching process, and extend & close offers.
- Segment and identify top technical talent from large datasets, incorporating talent insights from industry and internal research
- Leveraging creative approaches to uncover new sources of top talent and maintain a proactive network of top prospects through market research and ongoing relationship management.
- Build mechanisms and create scalable and repeatable programs to drive referral campaigns and events with the business.
- Create a variety of marketing tactics (i.e. emails, wikis, posters) to bring awareness to the employee referral program.
- Provide the Recruitment Managers (RMs) and Recruiting Partners updates on org ER health metrics including average referrals per month, an ER event calendar, and ideas on generating a higher number of qualified referrals.
- Follow up with referrers on the status of their submittals. Communication should include when a candidate was accepted, why a candidate was not eligible for a referral or to interview, and responding to inquiries coming directly from a referrer. The goal is to create a high touch and high quality experience for both the referrer and candidate.
- Meet with new tech hires to introduce Canada Recruiting team and how to generate and submit referrals.
- Educate Recruiting Partners and the business on the ER process, best practices and how to refer candidates to Canada Recruiting Team.
- Understanding of how to recruit and engage passive Technical and Engineering candidates
- Prepare, deliver, and negotiate offer packages, helping Amazon attract and secure top industry talent
- Ability to assess candidates for role fit, level, and motivations by conducting calibrated phone interviews and offer conversations
- Effectively lead the technical interview debrief discussions
- Use data to confidently identify roadblocks and solutions in the recruiting process as well as influence key stakeholders around important decisions.
- Independently follow through on assignments with minimal direction; take action when answers to a problem are not readily apparent.
- Continually contributing to the team’s knowledge base and greater Amazon talent acquisition community.
About the team
The Consumer Canada Talent Acquisition Team is a centralized team that supports multiple lines of business with a focus on hiring top technical talent. The team is diverse and operates from Toronto, Vancouver and Virtual locations across Canada.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of corporate and/or search firm recruiting experience with a focus on closing passive engineering candidates in high tech markets.
- CTS/ATS experience with sourcing, tracking, and managing candidates.
- Prior experience in a research capacity for candidate generation.
- Experience closing top engineering and technical talent in competitive markets.
- Loves to build and create operational efficiencies for storing talent insights
- Ability to proactively network and establish effective working relationships.
- Well versed in all facets relating to recruitment including but not limited to: employment branding, diversity and inclusion, immigration and mobility, recruiting systems and technology, compensation and benefits, and employment law.
- Thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment, can roll up your sleeves, work hard, have fun, and get the job done
- Effective communication skills, organizational and negotiation skills, with a keen focus on delivering business results.
- Experience streamlining processes and building mechanisms for effective cross-team collaborations
- Possession of analytic skills with ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between candidates, hiring managers, and the recruiting team.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History