Senior Closing Recruiter, Recruiting Engine
The Recruiting Engine (RE) Team is reinventing how we recruit at Amazon. Recruiting the right candidates across all of Amazon is critical to our ability to innovate and build on behalf of our customers. As the search for talent becomes more competitive, we are bringing together recruiting, science, tech, programs, and process teams to find and hire candidates who raise the bar more quickly and efficiently.
We are looking for a Closing Recruiter to join our team. This is a centralized team (pipeline-based hiring model for SDE talent) that works across multiple Amazon business lanes with a focus on quality processes and high-volume at scale, that provides candidate choice. Because the recruiting team is business agnostic and candidate obsessed, this allows Recruiters to let their influence & closing expertise shine and focus on candidate experience. As part of the Recruiting Engine, the team has unique access to tools, resources, best practices, and new recruiting technologies that are designed to enhance a Recruiter’s capabilities. If you are excited about technical recruiting, candidate experience, and diving deep into recruiting strategies to attract & close bar raising talent – this is the team for you! Other offerings include outstanding career growth, highly collaborative teams, and a fun and passionate work environment.
In this role, you will be responsible for talent attraction strategies against a timeline and will utilize your experience setting benchmarks and metrics. Our Closing Recruiters thrive in innovative, fast-paced environments, can roll up their sleeves, work hard, have fun, and get the job done. You will have the opportunity to draw on your extensive knowledge of technical recruiting and will forge dynamic relationships with stakeholders. You will lead interview debrief discussions, guide offer ready candidates through the team matching process, and extend & close offers.
This role can be located in Toronto, ON or Vancouver, BC.
· Understanding of how to recruit and engage passive Software Development Engineer (SDE) candidates
· Prepare, deliver, and negotiate offer packages, helping Amazon attract and secure top industry talent
· Ability to assess candidates for role fit, level, and motivations by conducting calibrated phone interviews and offer conversations
· Effectively lead SDE interview debrief discussions
· Use data to confidently identify roadblocks and solutions in the recruiting process as well as influence key stakeholders around important decisions.
· Continually contributing to the team’s knowledge base and greater Amazon talent acquisition community
· 4+ years of corporate and/or search firm recruiting experience with a focus on closing passive engineering candidates in high tech markets
· CTS/ATS experience with sourcing, tracking, and managing candidates
· MS Office – Including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
· Strong commitment to continuous improvement
· Ability to develop strategic & creative approaches to closing SDE candidates in a competitive market
· Self-sufficient and able to work with little direct supervision
· Experience building and using a variety of sourcing/recruiting plans and tools, including Internet research
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Work hard, Have fun, Make History