Director of Support Delivery
About the role
At Shopify, we’re truly merchant obsessed. Our +1M merchants are the reason we do what we do everyday, and their experience with our platform is of the utmost importance. Providing them with incredible support is our goal, and to do this we’ve built a complex multi-country, multi-language, multi-channel, global Support organization. Merchant experience and specialized support teams play a significant part in the overall success of the Support organization.
We are in search of a senior leader for our Specialized Support team, supporting Shopify’s globally distributed team that supports our Merchants, Partners and Buyers. This key senior leadership role will be responsible for many aspects of our Support portfolio offerings (including Technical Support, Billing, Payments among others).
You will need to have a passion for great support and service product experiences that meet the needs of small and large enterprise merchants as well as ecommerce and retail merchants. This is a hands-on role for a data informed individual who will interact cross-functionally with Product Management, Engineering, Finance and Legal. This role will report into the Support Organization and will be customer & value centric, resourceful and have a high degree of curiosity with a strong ‘builder’ mindset.
What You’ll Do:
- Liaise with multiple Product Lines and RnD teams, along with building key strategic relationships with Finance, Operations, HR, Recruitment, Training, and Support leadership
- Evaluate and understand SaaS business model and subscription B2B businesses
- Lead large, internationally distributed and diverse teams
- Monitor, analyze and report KPIs to all levels to the leadership and stakeholders
- Work cross functionality with Product Lines, Commercial teams, Finance, Compliance and other areas of Support, delivering the best possible and most valuable experience to merchants contacting us about complex product features
- Work with large, growing, remote teams. You care about the people that work with you and are invested in helping them learn and grow
- Envision new value add services that accelerate the impact for our merchants and product lines
You will bring to the table:
- Proven experience leading large scale Support Experience / Technical Support Operations, leading multi-organizational initiatives, and driving team accountability to achieve impactful goals
- Minimum 7 years of experience leading at the Director or VP level
- Passionate about business strategy -- You’ve experienced and thrived in similar customer support environments and have a knack for working with business users that are responsible for top-line growth. You are comfortable with driving high-level strategic insights, business planning, and systems/process design
- You have a track record scaling and leading an internationally renowned team 24/7/365, in multiple languages and multiple channels (email, chat, phone)
- Experience with strategic planning and optimization of specialized support teams, workforce operations, budgets, growth forecasting, team planning and quarterly financial reviews
- Creative problem solver and critical thinking skills with a bias towards action and being a doer
- Ability to work effectively in a remote and fast-paced environment. Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships and excel in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience in B2C and B2B and desired experience with BPOs
- Well-balanced skills -- People have trouble pinning you down. Both business and technical teams claim you as their own. You are equal parts technical and functional (and both are exceptionally strong), and you are equally comfortable and effective at presenting to technical or business leaders
- A strong sense of urgency around your work, investment in the team, the company, and the ability to hold yourself accountable to the highest standard of excellence.
- Fantastic people leadership experience. You love to lead, coach, and develop others
- A "we're all in it together" mentality. You love working on a team
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by design. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
If you want to help Shopify shape the future of commerce, hit the “Apply now” button to submit your application. We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time.
This posting will close at 9am EDT on Monday, November 9th, 2020. You can expect to hear back from us (regardless of outcome) by Friday, November 13th by 5pm EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.