Manager, Application Development - Spend Management
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Welcome to Spend Management at Workday!
The Workday Spend Management team’s overall goal is to provide high business value for our customers by accelerating the delivery of our product features in an agile environment while safeguarding the high quality our customers expect from Workday financial applications.
About the Team
Workday Spend Management provides an end-to-end solution to manage all aspects of the materials management process for goods and supplies that are used internally. Workday Procurement provides a single system for the procure-to-pay process and is built for today's global businesses. In addition to purchasing and receiving goods in Workday Procurement, Workday Inventory offers the flexibility to store inventory items and track how you use and replenish them to simplify the internal supply chain. We provide visibility across the entire inventory process to help organizations strategically manage cash flow, decrease costs, optimize stock levels, and support growth initiatives.
Workday is unique in that it builds enterprise software in the cloud on a single codeline through a continuous development model allowing for rapid delivery of our software to our customers. In this team, you’ll be working with key architects, product managers, and other stakeholders delivering a new generation of on-demand enterprise solutions designed to meet the needs of today's global businesses.
What We Look For
Workday is on a journey to modernize our cloud-based Spend Management solution and we’re looking for a hands-on Software Application Development Manager to lead the formation of a new team in Vancouver. In this role, you will quickly grow a team of application developers, establish your own skills and the team’s skills in Workday’s proprietary technology, all while driving at one of our most strategic goals - which is to modernize the user experience at the core of Spend Management. This modernization initiative involves custom UI development in React, a cohesive API build-out, strategic use of ML capabilities to reduce friction in the process, and other innovative opportunities to explore (i.e. Workday’s Assistant technology). As a leader of an innovative, high functioning team, you will collaborate with product managers and engineering teams across Workday to implement highly scalable solutions to address the needs in this vast market.
About the Role:
• Grow and lead a team of dynamic software developers to build and maintain Workday products
• Recruit top talent to grow the team capacity
• Operate close to the technology, learning with the team and playing a hands-on role where helpful to the team
• Collaborate across partnered teams to plan releases and schedule development
• Provide estimates and initial assessment for proposed development tasks
• Track and report progress against key milestones and keep stakeholders informed
• Balance resources with task assignments
• Ensure high quality delivery of product
• Coordinate efforts that span multiple teams
• Assist direct reports with career growth and personal development
• Work closely with Product Management to determine release scope and to ensure that features meet requirements
• Keep feature stakeholders updated throughout the development cycle
• Passionate about software development and building strong engineering team
• Ability to motivate and inspire the team
• 3+ years managing development teams of 5+ engineers, including remote developers
• 8+ years commercial enterprise software experience
• Multiple years of OO software design and development experience
• Experience with agile development methodologies
• Experience in Test Driven development
• Attention to detail and deep understanding of engineering best practices
• Experience with Spend Management, Supply Chain, Financials industry is a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re shaking up the world of enterprise software.