Software Application Engineer (Mid to Senior Levels)
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Welcome to Spend Management at Workday!
The Workday Spend Management team’s overall goal is to provide high business value for our customers by accelerating the delivery of our product features in an agile environment while safeguarding the high quality our customers expect from Workday financial applications.
About the Team
Workday Spend Management provides an end-to-end solution to manage all aspects of the materials management process for goods and supplies that are used internally. Workday Procurement provides a single system for the procure-to-pay process and is built for today's global businesses. In addition to purchasing and receiving goods in Workday Procurement, Workday Inventory offers the flexibility to store inventory items and track how you use and replenish them to simplify the internal supply chain. We provide visibility across the entire inventory process to help organizations strategically manage cash flow, decrease costs, optimize stock levels, and support growth initiatives.
Workday is unique in that it builds enterprise software in the cloud on a single codeline through a continuous development model allowing for rapid delivery of our software to our customers. In this team, you’ll be working with key architects, product managers, and other stakeholders delivering a new generation of on-demand enterprise solutions designed to meet the needs of today's global businesses.
What We Look For
We are looking to grow our development team of talented Software Application Developers with skills in developing enterprise applications. It’s an opportunity to use cloud technology to improve experiences for our customers and to push the envelope to design, develop and implement leading applications. The successful candidate will:
- have experience designing performant, scalable, and resilient applications
- understand the value of automated tests at all levels of the testing pyramid
- take initiative, exhibits creative thinking, has the drive to turn ideas into reality, and has a passion for user experience
- see software development as a team activity and thrive in a highly collaborative, agile environment where you’re always teaching and learning.
About the Role
As a Software Application Engineer, you will have the opportunity to tackle complex problems, which comes with developing and delivering global mission critical enterprise software using your expertise in design, coding, algorithms, and complexity analysis. Your primary focus will be to:
- Analyze, design, program, debug, and modify software enhancements
- Take initiative, exhibit creative-thinking, have the drive to turn ideas into reality, and have a passion for user experience
- Solve challenging problems in an Application related to performance, scalability, and resilience
- Design and develop an OO product in a metadata-driven development environment
- Write and maintain solid, robust, efficient and maintainable code using an OO framework and tools
- Write reliable unit, integration, and system level tests that will run on our CD pipeline.
- Mentor and learn from other team members through pairing, code reviews, knowledge shares, hackathons, etc.
Preferred Technical Capabilities:
- OO design and development experience in an object-oriented language such as Java, C#, etc.
- Familiarity with object-oriented design patterns and UML Modeling
- Experience with unit testing tools like JUnit and/or other test-driven development tools.
- Metadata-driven definitional development experience
- Experience with XML and Integration technologies
Learn more about Application Development at Workday:
Your application has been successfully submitted.