Software Development Engineer - DevOps
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
About the Team
The Workday Spend Management development team is looking for enthusiastic Application Developers with skills in developing enterprise applications. Do you live and breathe apps? Are you that person who sees opportunity everywhere for cloud technology to improve experiences? Can you collaborate and push the envelope to design, develop and implement leading applications for our customers? We want your skills and experience. Bring us your work portfolio and let’s talk!
Workday Spend Management provides an end-to-end solution to manage all aspects of the materials management process for goods and supplies that are used internally. In addition to purchasing and receiving goods in Workday Procurement, Workday Inventory offers the flexibility to store inventory items, and track how you use and replenish them.
Workday has been winning employer of the year awards yearly and constantly hitting unprecedented high levels of customer satisfaction with quality being the rock solid cornerstone of our business. With many new services on the horizon, we are seeking a strong technical leader to help us establish a DevOps function in our Spend Management product area. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently as well as network across the company, advancing our internal initiatives as well as identifying opportunities to leverage the skills and capabilities outside our team.
About the role
- This role will serve as a founding member of a DevOps function in the Spend Management product area.
- Build and mature CI / CD pipelines and the related production environments, in support of a variety of initiatives including integrating ML models into the application and various custom user experiences.
- Design, implement, maintain and support the platform services associated.
- Configure monitoring and alerting systems for the applications and platform-services.
- Working with the Leadership and be accountable for aligning the team to architectural, technical, functional and performance guidelines related with the CI / CD pipelines.
- Enhance team technical capabilities and workforce by using cutting-edge technologies from the DevOps culture.
- You love solving the complexities of building CI / CD pipelines flowing into resilient production environments. You dislike doing things twice so you automate each step along the way. You strive to make things clear, maintainable, repeatable and well tested.
- You have 3+ years of solid DevOps experience, excellent hands-on skills with infrastructure environments and expert command of configuration management principles and an ability to code your desired state.
- Experience with application development and related technology stack
- Experience with Kubernetes and/or Docker.
- Extensive engineering experience with Linux (CentOS)
- Experience with tools and technologies such as: Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis, CircleCI, GitLab CI, Chef.
- Knowledge about private and public cloud environments
- Experience with Monitoring tools, preferably Wavefront, BigPanda or CloudWatch
- Experience working with databases and a strong understanding of system and networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques
- Excellent knowledge of python or other scripting language
- Excellent knowledge of Branching, Merging and deployment strategies
- Excellent documentation, communication, and analytical skills for incident and problem management
- Excellent relationship building and collaboration skills with cross functional global and remote teams with diverse backgrounds and be a team player and mentor
- Experience with test automation and related tooling a plus (Selenium, WebDriver.io)
- BS in Computer Science or related field and 5 years relevant experience
Your application has been successfully submitted.