Test Automation Engineer
Victoria, BC, Canada
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
The Omnichannel Engagement Technology organization builds services that allow users to interact with Workday across multiple channels. We are looking for a Quality Engineer, with a strong automation background, who is passionate about quality and brings an innovative initiative to our quality assurance process and tooling to help drive and build best-in-class user experiences within Workday’s Media Cloud platform. The media cloud team builds rich and engaging media experiences that empower our customers to capture and share knowledge, communicate, learn new skills, and grow their careers.
As a Quality Engineer you will have the opportunity to work with Developers and Product Managers to help build a new generation of on-demand Enterprise solutions designed to meet the needs of today's global businesses. We build high-quality applications and micro-services and also care deeply about how our services operate in production with attention paid to testing, monitoring, logging and delivery.
About the Role:
- A quality evangelist, get your team thinking about quality, engaged in the test planning and automation process
- Work directly with agile software development teams to incorporate test strategies throughout the development process
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, developers and other team members to identify and implement test plans
- Communicate with multiple project stakeholders to clarify requirements and ensure they are met
- Create automated tests for new and existing functionality
- Work with the team to ensure test automation is done as part of development
- Manually execute tests for specific workflows when proper automation is difficult or impossible (e.g. testing for perceived responsiveness)
- Contribute to design and implementation of automation infrastructure
- Bachelors’ degree or diploma in Computer Science or related field
- A track record as a champion of quality
- You have 3-5+ years in Quality Engineering, Test Automation or Development is required
- 3 or more years’ demonstrated experience creating automation test suites at scale, in at least one of these tools such as: JUnit, Bamboo, Silk Test, Selenium, Cypress, etc. is required
- A positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Solid leadership skills
- Experience building automation frameworks is a plus
- Knowledge of continuous integration and tooling is a plus
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Have an unwillingness to settle for "good enough", instead staying focused on longevity through well-tested features and continuous improvement.
- Are both technically strong and functionally inclined and understand the technical without forgetting the user perspective.
- Are a critical thinker who brings a passion and love for high-quality software to enterprise software.
- Are proactive when you discover a problem, and effectively drive resolution as needed.
- Are comfortable multitasking and working in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Find those bugs development has missed and can thoughtfully work towards a solution.
- Are a learner who enjoys keeping up-to-date on the product and your field.
Your application has been successfully submitted.