Full Stack Software Development Engineer - Workday Media Cloud!
Victoria, BC, Canada
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
You will join our team in Victoria to help drive and build best-in-class user experiences within Workday’s Media Cloud platform. The media cloud team builds rich and engaging media experiences that empower our customers to capture and share knowledge, communicate, learn new skills, and grow their careers.
The software you write will have an impact on millions of people. Our customers include Amazon, Netflix, Patagonia, Sony, Toyota, and many more great companies around the world.
About the team:
Our mighty-band of engineers love to collaborate, experiment, and have a little fun; pushing our products forward to delight our customers and technology partners. Close-knit relationships across functions enable us to innovate and build with greater empathy for our end-users. In all we do, culture and community take precedence, helping us maintain an inclusive environment where integrity, mutual respect and work-life balance thrive.
We need smart and humble engineers who passionatel contribute clean code and collaborate effectively with various stakeholders. We believe that the best user experiences combine engineering excellence, thoughtful design, and a continuous focus on quality.
- Design and develop software that compels people to engage with media
- Innovate on new products and features that can reach millions of users
- Deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing, and in-depth code reviews
- Act as one of several developers-on-call for our services on a rotational schedule
- Contribute to process and tooling improvements
- Work on an Agile Scrum team that delivers on shared commitments
- Participate in an active culture around learning and ongoing professional development
- Proficiency in one or more major programming languages, preferably Python or Java
- A proven track record of delivering quality, production grade software
- Working knowledge of web application architectural patterns and best practices
- Experience working in a highly-collaborative agile environment
- An inquisitive and self-motivated approach to learning
- A positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Current eligibility to work in Canada
Nice if you have:
- Experience with TypeScript, React/Redux, or GraphQL
- Developed with multimedia or streaming video technologies
- Proven experience in successfully delivering complex event-driven, data-intensive web applications
- Contributed to and maintained cross-browser-friendly automation using technologies like Selenium
- Familiarity with Git, Docker, Jenkins, or AWS
Your application has been successfully submitted.