Corporate Sales Development - Scout RFP
San Francisco, CA, USA
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Scout RFP, a Workday company, is a leading provider in cloud-based strategic sourcing solutions that help organizations source faster and achieve better business outcomes. Scout RFP has a direct impact on Workday’s ability to deliver a comprehensive source-to-pay strategic sourcing offering, elevating the office of procurement in strategic importance and transforming the procurement function.
Scout is looking for motivated, creative Business Development Representatives to help us connect with sourcing leaders around the globe. Working closely with our sales, marketing, and operations teams, you’ll be responsible for researching, prospecting, and sharing the Scout story with interested sourcing leaders at companies like Smucker's, Splunk, Levi’s, and hundreds more.
Candidates must be self-motivated individuals with a competitive attitude who love working with a passionate team, solving problems for customers, and continually improving company processes and culture. You must have previous experience learning on your own, an ability to thrive in unknown territory, and a desire to contribute. A key engine in our demand generation and sales strategy, our BDRs help us share our vision for strategic sourcing, provide procurement teams with the opportunity to talk their trade, and spread the Scout brand worldwide.
If you’re looking for a career in sales and this sounds like you, we’d love to meet you and learn more about your path, and how Scout can help prepare for a successful career in sales. Check out the details below, and please introduce yourself.
Where you'll contribute to our success:
• Work closely with marketing, sales, and operations to prospect candidates and schedule well-qualified introduction calls and demos
• Create and prioritize strategic target account lists and pass sales-ready leads to account teams
• Work across channels (web, email, phone, and in-person) to convert prospects into true believers
• Become a trusted resource and guide for interested prospects building their own sourcing centers of excellence
• Lead the research and contact collection to build a world-class sourcing leader database
• Make recommendations and improvements to the prospecting customer acquisition process
• Work with customers and internal experts to find the most exciting, unexpected, and impactful stories from our diverse customer base to feature on calls
What you'll bring to the table:
• You're a confident communicator, comfortable speaking with managers, executives, and customers
• A measurable track record of succeeding in a goal-oriented environment
• You believe that customer success and satisfaction starts with sales and continues across the company
• You're creative and a self-starter, with a desire to help people see a problem in a new light
• You act independently when necessary, creating and executing plans for improvements and implementation
• A great attitude and a desire to have your work make a REAL impact to your company and its customers
• Creativity, persistence, and inquisitiveness about enterprise technology, procurement, and collaboration, and the desire to help enterprises solve problems in new ways
• A team player, self-motivated, results driven, with excellent communication and organizational skills. When you find problems, you look to identify solutions
• Experience in the world of enterprise B2B SaaS is a definite plus
• A 4-year Bachelors degree
For an emerging sales professional, there’s no better environment to advance your career, develop your skills, and make an impact along the way. Scout’s customers – brands like Airbnb, Levi's, Adobe, Smucker's, and Owens Corning - will challenge you daily with fascinating technical and business problems. As you mature in this role, you’ll have the chance to work with global leaders, learn from industry mavericks, and share your perspectives (literally) on a grand stage.
And beyond that, at Scout you’ll find:
• A dynamic, engaging, team-oriented environment
• A company who lives by, and holds ourselves accountable to, our core values
• The freedom to be creative and make a difference
• Opportunities to grow while charting your own career path
• A team invested in your success, with constant coaching, development, and advancement opportunities.As a part of the Workday application process, candidates applying to some roles may be asked to complete an assessment by pymetrics. If the pymetrics assessment applies to the role you will be asked to do the assessment after submitting your application. Workday reviews the pymetrics results as one factor alongside other candidate qualifications to help identify the best fit for Workday.
Your application has been successfully submitted.