Intermediate Developer - Site Reliability Engineer – TELUS Digital
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, TELUS.com/business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
You are a developer who cares about delivering a great customer and engineering experience. You hate toil and leverage your skills as a developer to automate and integrate it away. You are comfortable managing a modern cloud infrastructure and are constantly on the lookout for ways to make it better. You have at least one super-power (read on to find out more!)
BUT you won’t be flying solo. Instead, you’ll be part of our talented, friendly, and generally awesome TELUS Digital Platform Engineering & Operations team. Together, we’ll help each other build a world-class Digital Platform employing best practices in development, security, accessibility and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our team & customers.
- Automate all the things! Drive reliability and efficiency through automation of infrastructure and provisioning
- Identify risks to the stability of our cloud infrastructure and then help blow them up before they bite
- Help identify opportunities to improve the scalability and performance of our network and applications
- Improve the observability of the Digital platform including logging and tracing
- Assist with capacity planning
- Help teams build self-healing and automatic recovery mechanismsAnything else within your super-powers to help the whole TELUS Digital team deliver great experiences to our customers
- This role does not require an on-call rotation
What you bring to the table
- Most of all, you’re a great person in your own way and you like working with others to learn, solve big prickly problems and maybe share funny gifs
- You have love for all humans because you see the beauty in the diversity of every individual
- You’re familiar with SRE. If you’re rusty, read up as we’ll ask
- You’ve got this cloud thing down pat, building highly scalable and reliable cloud infrastructure is a breeze (we use AWS, OpenShift, Nginx)
- You’re a developer at heart with experience writing cool backend code and microservice applications (we use Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis)
- If you were a superhero, x-ray vision would be your super-power because your strong familiarity with distributed system observability practices and tooling allows you to see everything (we use Prometheus, ELK, and Graphana, Kibana)
- You’re comfortable conducting the acronym train of DevSecOps, CI/CD and IaaC (we use GitHub, Jenkins, Terraform, Docker, and Kubernetes)
Nice to have
- Can you help us evolve our testing practices and tooling? Bonus points
- Have you designed and built an API in your journey as a developer? Bonus Points
- Have you wrangled a few databases in your day? Bonus points
- Got another secret skill?
About TELUS Digital:
We want to work with people who:
- Share our passion for all things digital
- Thrive in an agile, lean and fast-paced environment
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Are curious, experiment and never stop learning
- View collaboration as essential to your work
- Utilize the power of data to inform decisions
- Embrace diversity and new ideas
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you’re encouraged to share and act on your ideas
- Flexible work hours in a central downtown location
- A welcoming, re ry day; laxed office with a casual dress code
- A culture committed to giving; every year we donate time and resources in our communities
- Team lunches with a generous supply of healthy snacks
- A fun, dynamic team that works and plays every day; great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team outing
- Check out http://telus.com/digital/blog to see how we solve challenging problems for millions of customers with innovative tools.
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: Canada
Your application has been successfully submitted.
All Connected for Good