Senior Business Analyst - Incident Management - TELUS Digital
Join our team
We’re a customer-driven and product-minded team within TELUS, responsible for our company’s digital evolution. We simplify the path to production so teams can focus on what matters most.
TELUS Digital’s mission is to make life easier for millions of customers – and for our team. We build smart, customer-centric and data-driven experiences for telus.com, TELUS.com/business and the My TELUS app.
Our team includes a passionate group of strategists, UX and visual designers, full stack developers, content managers, scrum masters, testers, product owners, people experience specialists, and other digital experts.
Our team members are leaders in local and global technology communities, we value and support communities such as: Tech Masters, NodeSchool, Ladies Learning Code, Women Who Code TO and many more!
Learn more about our team at telus.com/digital
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
The TELUS Digital Reliability squad works with teams across TELUS Digital to help ensure that the amazing experiences we are building for our customers are reliable and performant. Unfortunately, things go wrong and we are committed to learning from those incidents to avoid them repeating. This is where you come in by leading blameless post-incident reviews, gathering and analyzing historical reliability data, and helping surface opportunities to improve the reliability of our applications to delight our customers.
- Lead blameless Post-Incident Reviews (PIRs) by bringing together subject matter experts, stakeholders, and partners to determine contributing factors and, crucially, future improvements to mitigate the likelihood and severity of a recurrence.
- Gather and analyze data on the past reliability of our applications looking for reliability trends and indicators.
- Create dashboards that help bring visibility to the reliability of our applications and “make it real” for our stakeholders.
- Develop a robust knowledge management system to ensure that learnings from PIRs are harnessed and can contribute to future improvements.
- Help proliferate the lessons learned through PIRs across TELUS Digital.
- Evolve our learning culture and continuous blameless PIR practice
- Help report on the performance and operational metrics of our platform in close collaboration with our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team
- Help develop disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- The role does not require on-call rotations
What you bring to the table
- A natural ability to form new relationships and are at your best when you are collaborating with others
- Experience with informal leadership, helping temporary teams work together towards a common goal and diffusing unproductive conflict
- Ability to query, prepare, and analyze data from raw sources
- Ability to build dashboards to present data using data visualization software
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills with the ability to break down a complex situation into its fundamental elements.
- Exceptional communication skills, especially written communication with an ability to summarize complex technical information
- Familiarity and comfort with software development and operations
- Familiarity with Google Big Query and/or Google Data Studio
- Experience with IT service management best practices including Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management
- Project management experience
- Familiarity with SQL
- Experience using web APIs to gather data
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: Canada
Your application has been successfully submitted.