IoT | Senior Sales Specialist (Enterprise Solutions)
Toronto, ON, Canada
The Internet of Things (IoT) Senior Sales Specialist will work directly with TELUS Enterprise clients & TELUS Account Executives to analyze needs, educate on trends, and position both simple & complex solutions.
The Senior Sales Specialist will focus on TELUS' IoT solutions portfolio to enable TELUS Enterprise clients and prospects to increase effectiveness and efficiency in their core business. This specialist portfolio crosses multiple PLTs but involves two key solution sets:
- Wirelessly enabled Machine to Machine solutions
- Applications and total solutions centered on IoT and analytics capabilities
This is a customer-facing executive sales role requires the ability to interface effectively with high-profile customers in many areas of business, and to develop and articulate highly complex, configurable and/or customizable solutions that will enhance our customers’ stakeholder value.
What You will do
- Engage with TELUS prospects and customers at all levels in an organization including different lines of business, executives, finance, information technology, and sourcing
- Engage with Account Executives and the greater account team (other sales specialists and Customer Solution Engineers) to actively pursue a targeted list of customers to drive forward opportunities
- Identify and initiate opportunities, qualify opportunities, and manage funnel for M2M applications and IoT solutions
- Develop lasting and valued business relationships with clients and industry influencers, ensuring TELUS' role as a trusted advisor
- Maintain high levels of knowledge and expertise regarding our customers, their industries and ecosystems
- Influence RFP content, manage competitive maneuvers, and drive change as it relates to customers' strategic plans; negotiate contracts and agreements as required
- Manage technical and operational questions or issues that arise during a sales pursuit, and manage appropriate customer expectations throughout the sales cycle
Your ideal profile includes Advanced understanding of the industry’s range of M2M and IoT solutions and offerings
- Familiarity with specific product portfolios utilizing HSPA, Dual Core, LTE, LPWAN wireless technology and its applications
- A proven background in developing new markets and proven record in strategic selling
- Understanding and experience using structured sales methodologies such as On Target's TAS planning
- Strong decision making skills to determine the most appropriate solutions and ability to manage customer expectations through change management
- Excellent written and presentation skills deliverable to C-level
Professional designation and experience
- 8-10 years of sales experience in wireless and strategic sales, ideally with Enterprise and/or Public Sector customers
- Mastery of the sales process - identifying and understanding customer strategic needs
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto
Your application has been successfully submitted.