People & Culture Administrator - Benefits
Join our team
At TELUS, we’re looking for people who like to innovate every day. As part of the People & Culture team, you should know that we’re not your standard (traditional) Human Resources. We embrace change and challenge the status quo and we have fun doing it. We’re just as passionate about our team as we are about our customers and we’re looking for people that radiate this passion.
The People & Culture (P&C) - Operations team is looking for someone that is passionate about taking care of our most valuable asset - our team members.
As a HR Benefits Administrator, you support our team members’ life journey throughout new hire, life event, leave of absence, employment change, and separation. You play an integral role in elevating a culture of wellness across TELUS by ensuring accurate benefits coverage for each team member so they can focus on delivering on our Customer First promise.
Here’s what we believe
- We are ONE team – there’s no room for egos or blame
- Everything we do is tied to the business – our customers
- We challenge the status quo – and when others think we’re done, we make it better
- We live up to our commitments – to ourselves, our friends, family, peers, leaders and our customers
- Our success is all about how we do things – how we lead and think, proactively solve problems, deliver, communicate, and more!
Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
The ideal candidate is someone serious about wowing our customers every day by being the expert in your field and by taking ownership of our customers’ end to end experience.
You are curious about how different HR systems work together, and excited about working on a variety of projects.
- Managing and planning the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs and act as the primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators
- Working closely with HR Business Partners and Labour Relations Consultants, you act as the Subject Matter Expert in providing benefits advise that ensures the best customer experience
- Ask why; be the advocate for our customers, the adviser to our partners, the pioneer for our team, and the ambassador for our business
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of TELUS team member benefit transactions and life events, ensuring efficient delivery of the benefits program
- Perform system testing & data audits both in our core HRIS (SAP) and our benefits administration tool (Flexit360)
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- Benefits administration experience with knowledge of group benefits programs including but not limited to health, dental, vision, disability, insurances, retirement, flexible spending and other plans
- Familiar with different benefits enrolment/administration tools, taxable benefits calculations, and day-to-day benefits processing such as enrolments, terminations, employment changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims
- Experience working in a large, complex enterprise environment with multiple benefits plans
- Comfortable interacting with external vendors and third party service providers
- Curious mind, an appetite to learn different things, and a knack of spotting new opportunities
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Able to manage changing priorities/tight deadlines effectively in a fast paced environment; ability to navigate ambiguity, overcome confusion, and simplify complex situations
- You have a post-secondary education in Human Resources and 1-2 years of related benefits experience
Great to have
- Human Resources (HR) experience supporting a diverse group of customers including management professionals, unionized and front-line employees
- Bilingualism in English and French
- GBA (General Benefits Associate) or CHRP designation
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: Canada
Your application has been successfully submitted.