Business Systems Analyst II
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Join our team
The Inventory, Ordering and Fulfilment (IOF) group is a forward-focused solutions provider within TELUS responsible for internally and externally-facing ordering and fulfillment systems. We help business teams bring new ideas and products to market in a rapid fashion.
The Portals and Catalog team’s mission within IOF is ownership of the systems involved with defining what products we sell and how to order them. Our domain covers a variety of web applications and back-end services that integrate across the company.
Our team consists of several cross-functional agile delivery squads with a bias towards role fluidity and ownership of deliveries.
Here's the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
By leveraging your expertise, you support the developer squad and act as an interface between them and our stakeholders and ensure they have everything they need to get the job done.
As a Business Systems Analyst you’ll have the opportunity to build both technical and soft skills in a wide variety of scenarios in your day-to-day and advance career-wise into a wide range of technical roles in the future.
- Be involved in systems design from start to finish with a view on requirements
- Work with architects and governance groups to ensure best practices are followed during implementation and provide practical feedback on them
- Document whatever we build and make sure the team is on the same page
- Diagnose blocking issues found by the developers and make sure they know who to ask questions to
- Run proof-of-concept projects on new technical ideas
- Coordinate with Project Managers, leadership teams, and other delivery teams
- Contribute code to project work if needed
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- With 1-5 years’ experience as a developer or a similar technical role
- With a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Respected for your ability to excel in a collaborative team-based environment
- Commended for your ability to communicate technical concepts and requirements for non-technical stakeholders
- Talented at taking a systems view approach to problem solving
- Valued for your understanding of web systems concepts
- Familiarity with DevOps ideas and tools such as Docker, Jenkins, or similar alternatives
- Familiarity with containerized cloud-based environments such as Kubernetes or OpenShift
- Experience with Microservices Architecture and Design
- Experience with Responsive Web Development
- Experience with web security and Single Sign-On or JSON Web Tokens
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: CA-BC-Burnaby
Your application has been successfully submitted.