Supervising Producer, TELUS Originals - Parental Leave (up to 18 months)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Do you want to empower local storytellers to tell impactful stories and join a creative and dedicated team?
Join our team
TELUS is proud to support local communities, filmmakers and content creators through the stories we tell and content we create. The TELUS Local Content team provides production grants, training, live streaming and distribution opportunities to diverse filmmakers and content creators in BC and Alberta. Alongside programs like STORYHIVE and Community Programming, this role focuses on our TELUS Originals stream of content telling local impactful stories.
TELUS Originals are high quality documentaries that reflect the kaleidoscopic Canadian experience, and exemplify TELUS’ social purpose values into an ever-widening community.
We aim to bring awareness to topics and communities who are underserved, advancing social consciousness and amplifying the impact of filmmakers’ voices into spheres previously beyond their reach.
We care about both the stories we tell and the storytellers with whom we collaborate, and so we work to grow mutually beneficial relationships with our external production teams.
We are connected to the stories we tell. Our stories have global resonance, but they start close to home. One hundred percent of the stories we tell have an authentic story nexus in British Columbia or Alberta.
We are a team of highly skilled, diverse and passionate professionals dedicated to unleashing the power of social purpose storytelling through a customer-centric audience experience. Expertise of our team is built by folks who bring a variety of identities and lived experiences, as well as professional experience in film/TV production, marketing, community building, equity and more. We celebrate our failures and see them as opportunities to learn.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As the Supervising Producer, Original Content you will have a key role with a leading team that is passionate about the stories they tell. Your contribution will enable TELUS to better support filmmakers through your experience and ability to apply critical thinking throughout the process
This role will allow you to create the engaging content that you love that allows you to connect with audiences across the country.
- Support the allocation of funds into the local TV and Film production communities in fulfillment of TELUS’ CRTC COL mandated spend for BDU-produced programming
- Identify and support development and production of stories that have high alignment with SPSB/Master Brand pillars
- Continue to grow the TELUS original brand by building trust and awareness in key markets and communities including LGBTQAI+ and Black, Indigenous and racialized creators
- Community Outreach - identify experienced Canadian producers of screen content (in BC and AB)
- Liaise with professional filmmakers in BC and AB to discuss pitches that may be a good fit for the TELUS Originals Program
- Manage and support the Pre-development and Development activities of all projects along with the input and collaboration with external producers
- Business affairs management including contract management, budget discussions, scheduling for film
- Social Purpose Storyboard collaboration on how each film fits within TELUS’s social purpose
- Drafting agreements for Producers that includes adding information such as a budget top sheet, production schedule and numerous creative documents (can include negotiation of deal points)
- Managing the accounting activities such as negotiating payment details and processing invoices
- Rough cut, Fine cut & final delivery reviews and providing detailed notes to the producers
- Individual project management/producing and support - collaborating with the TELUS Originals team and manager
- Develop original content ideas with pitching producers to ensure they meet our social purpose needs
What you bring to the role:
- Known for your support of Indigenous storytellers, Indigenous Stories and Indigenous narrative sovereignty
- Culturally mindful when working with filmmakers of colour and Indigenous communities and ensuring that any content we produce
- 5+ years of relevant work experience or equivalent in Television/film Producing
- Noted as a creative self-starter with very strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and time-management skills
- With an ability to bring your unique creative vision and inspiration to the TELUS Originals team, especially your expertise supporting Indigenous storytellers, Indigenous Stories and Indigenous narrative sovereignty
- Demonstrated ability to provide creative feedback to develop and produce engaging stories
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma, undergraduate degree or relevant experience preferably in media, journalism, broadcast television and/or video production
- Ability to work effectively with various levels of management and cross-functional teams
Great to Have:
- Business affairs experience is an asset
- Filmmaking experience is an asset: please let us know if you have worked as a director/editor/producer/writer/etc
- Cultural safety training is an asset
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: CA-BC-Vancouver
Other Locations: CA-AB-Edmonton, CA-AB-Calgary
Your application has been successfully submitted.
All Connected for Good