Contracts Manager, Internet of Things (IoT)
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Be a part of a transformational journey with innovative talent and leading edge technologies.
Join our team
We’re looking for a dynamic individual with strong contract drafting, negotiation and management skills who is passionate about helping TELUS win in the market by joining our growing team.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
You’ll be part of the Internet of Things (IoT) team and play a vital role in developing new contract templates, drafting customer contracts and partner with our Product and Sales teams to accelerate our growth. You will leverage your experience to support the growing and exciting roadmap of TELUS IoT products and services.
To be successful in this role you’ll need to be someone who is organized, a natural collaborator, problem solver and exceptional communicator that can work with multiple stakeholders across the product and sales teams, and be able to drive deals across the goal line to win in the growing IoT space.
- Develop and negotiate sound legal agreements for products and services supporting different portfolios in IoT
- Collaborate with internal business clients to determine product and service requirements, utilizing best practices to develop service terms
- Provide French/English translation as required
- Draft various documents to communicate new processes, products and solutions to clients and suppliers
- Advise client departments on interpretation of legal contract terms and conditions and matters relating to contract management & contract administration
- Work with sales and clients to ensure that all contractual commitments are being met
- Thorough understanding of contract law including completion of related courses/seminars
- Knowledge and experience relating to telecommunications network products, SaaS solutions
- Knowledge of financial principles and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements an asset
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Fluent Bilingual (English/French) mandatory
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, including facilitation and negotiation skills
- Exceptional written, oral and listening communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and demands from Sales and customers and meet challenging time-line commitments
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem-solving ability
- Ability to effectively assess and understand client requirements and provide effective solutions to meet them
- Experience in developing and implementing policies and procedures
- Proficiency with desktop tools including MS Word, Excel, Power-point and Outlook
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and ability to drive issues to closure despite setbacks
- Strong change management skills
- Proven ability to be effective when working independently or working with teams
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
- Degree or certificate in either Law, Business/Commerce, Engineering, Finance or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience negotiating product or service contracts and/or related business experience
- Experience drafting new contract templates and terms
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: CA-BC-Vancouver
Other Locations: CA-QC-Montreal, CA-AB-Calgary, CA-ON-Toronto, CA-AB-Edmonton, CA-ON-Ottawa
Your application has been successfully submitted.