Senior Market Manager
Toronto, ON, Canada Remote
Join our team
We are the Channel Enablement team in the Small Business Solutions (SBS) organization. Our job is to support Sales teams in hitting their targets.
We are seeking a Senior Marketing Manager (Sales Enablement) who will be responsible for ensuring operational excellence by working closely with our small business direct sales channels and stakeholders throughout TELUS to grow our business and eliminate barriers to sales wherever we find them. This is an exciting and challenging role, reporting to the Manager of Channel Enablement that encompasses cross-functional coordination, acting as a champion of our channels, and having a deep understanding of the Wireless and Wireline loading dynamics regionally and across channels.
Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
The successful candidate will be a passionate, creative and driven individual who can think strategically, and work as a key enablement pillar for wireless and wireline pricing, product and program launches within our SBS Direct Sales channels.
- You’ll be responsible for making sure that your channels have everything they need to hit and exceed their sales targets (and you’ll be held accountable for those targets as well)
- You’ll help us drive meaningful change with our partners in Product + Marketing by acting as our Channel Champion, allowing our sales teams to focus on what they do best: providing best-in-class customer sales experiences
- You’ll help us make the best decisions for our customers and our business by bringing insight directly to our Leadership team
- You’ll be working with your Channel Manager counterparts and their sales teams to truly understand what it takes to sell to our small business customers
- You’ll work together with your channel to identify target-impacting challenges, dig into them until you identify the root cause, and then collaborate with relevant stakeholders from across TELUS to find the best solution and ensure it gets implemented
- You’ll build strong relationships and work with our Product and Marketing teams to develop and implement channel-specific promotional and incentive plans for all of our small business solutions
- You’ll be sought-out as the expert in your channel, and be responsible for reporting on your channel’s performance, activities, challenges and solutions to our Leadership Team
You're the missing piece of the puzzle
- 5-7 years of sales/channel experience in the Telecommunications industry (ideally wireless), or similar industry
- You’re the kind of person who thrives on finding and fixing problems, and can wear the many hats needed to take a problem from root cause analysis right through to launch
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills, a dynamic personality, and proven ability to work with stakeholders to get buy-in to drive change
- You are naturally curious and known as a problem solver with a strong determination to identify and overcome obstacles that may stop you from reaching your goals
- You’re a self-starter who takes ownership, shows initiative and is self-directed while being able to able to effectively manage ambiguity and change
- You have a proven track record for consistently delivering results and effectively meeting sales targets and initiative/program milestones
- You have outstanding business and financial acumen with the ability to anticipate and develop channel strategies in a rapidly evolving environment
- Fluent written and spoken bilingualism required (English and French)
What this role offers:
- An influential role that is critical in the success of our business unit
- Opportunity to develop a large network of peers across SBS and Channel teams
- Executive exposure with frequent access to Director and VP levels
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: CA-Ontario
Other Locations: CA-QC-Quebec City
Your application has been successfully submitted.