Senior Product Manager, Internet
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Join our team
You’ll be a part of a very efficient and engaged team working on high exposure initiatives impacting TELUS’ overall success. Have a chance to display your product and project management skills collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders. Your strategic planning abilities and execution expertise will be highlighted on our team with the benefit of gaining knowledge and experience through leading critical/high impact projects.
The impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
Own one of the largest and most critical products in our Home Solutions team - Internet. You’ll help to manage a product that standalone holds so much value for our customers, but a product that also enables many of our other key products into homes. With your collaborative and engaging approach, bring all stakeholders together to not only lead execution in the delivery of impactful initiatives while ensuring overall we are strategically and fiscally on plan. You’ll help to shape the internet market in Western Canada with your input on fundamental aspects we deliver from an internet speeds and pricing perspective. Also critical in your challenge will be to manage a complex and exciting portfolio of 2 technologies: Strategically and efficiently managing the growth of our future in PureFIbre which helps to deliver on our claim of Canada’s fastest major internet provider, but as well our vital copper network continues to deliver awesome internet to half our base.
- Shape the strategy of the portfolio, review trends, incorporate past learnings and assess the direction
- Budgeting activities including annual, quarterly and monthly budget settings and variance analysis
- Drive retention strategies to ensure we save customers with the correct behaviors and desired outcomes such as ARPU and net loading results
- Work closely with the Product Development team to ensure we are properly managing life cycle activities such as building new capabilities and turning down legacy products
- Partner with Legal & Regulatory teams to deliver on related inquiries, rate changes and regulatory impacts
- Be the conduit between marketing and technical teams, approving/executing on any required changes in the system
- Help to deliver exciting value propositions for products that blend our services in order to deliver products that are in high demand from our addressable base
- Put yourself in the shoes of the customer, use data and insight to develop an engaging strategy that will help us maintain our subscriber base
- Deliver on high impact initiatives that help meet our corporate profitability and growth expectations
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Recognized for your collaboration and ability to bring groups together, you’ll work with internal teams to oversee and plan BAU product marketing initiatives, and create clear base management strategies
- With a passion for problem solving, you’re known for being able to identify revenue and subscriber trend improvement opportunities through regular interaction with channel and system teams
- Known for your exceptional communication skills, and ability to clearly articulate your ideas and proposals to senior audiences, using fact and logic based arguments and data to support your recommendations
- Have a keen eye for continuous improvement, always looking for ways to take a fresh approach and challenge the status quo
- Know when to deep dive into detail but also understand when and how to communicate high level view
- Experience in telecommunications/technology sector or financial/consulting services
- Pricing and Value Proposition development and implementation
- Product Management and/or Project Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce or equivalent experience
- MBA without equivalent experience
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: CA-BC-Vancouver
Other Locations: CA-ON-Toronto, CA-AB-Calgary
Your application has been successfully submitted.