Senior Business Analyst (Healthcare - ePrescribing) - TELUS Health
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you interested in helping to solve one of the largest challenges of our generation? Do you get excited about limitless opportunities and the ever growing power of technology innovation?
We believe that technology can have an important impact on transforming healthcare for all Canadians. It can improve health outcomes by connecting doctors and other health practitioners with one another and with their patients. It can also harness information to make prevention and wellness more accessible to everyone.
Join our team and help us shape the future of how Canadians engage with the healthcare ecosystem. Lead our teams and provincial healthcare organizations through some of the biggest and disruptive projects in the industry.
This position sits within the THX at TELUS Health and supports PrescribeIT, a pan-Canadian eprescribing initiative lead by Canada Health Infoway.
You are the missing piece, if you have a passion for digital health technologies, have a proven track record of delivery and execution, are flexible, adaptable, and a self-starter who thrives in a rapidly changing environment. In this leadership role you will be performing business needs assessments, product demonstrations, leading whiteboard discussions, qualifying opportunities and proposal development to further drive growth and evolve of our products…
In this pivotal leadership role, the successful candidate will be responsible to:
- Develop detailed documentation including functional specifications, testing documentation, implementation guides, and marketing collateral
- Profile actors and high level use cases
- Maintain prioritized product backlog that reflects market/customer needs and best supports business strategy, goals and objectives
- Identify opportunities to influence the product roadmap and service development by listening to customers and market trends
- Define feature requirements (actors, use cases, stories)
- Participate within the Agile SCRUM teams during sprints
- Accept features when ready to bring to market
- Track and manage project status, issues and risks
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of product management processes
- Engage with customers, sales, marketing, service, support and development teams on the product and its evolution
- Support development of executive presentations
- Excellent understanding of healthcare industry, business processes and operations and medication management practices
- Knowledge of strategic planning and implementation, business processes and technology
- Client relationship management
- Process design and solutioning in a complex environment
- Familiarity with business contracts and legal terminology an asset
- Experience working with EMR or PMS an asset
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Detailed understanding of the healthcare market with specific attention to market trends and demands which will help drive product/business growth
- Exemplary leadership & ownership - proven track record leading and delivering large complex projects as the accountable prime
- Strong communication skills with the ability to produce documentation targeted at a variety of audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills interacting with a wide-range of clinical, IT and management professionals
- Motivated Self Starter with critical thinking and problem solving skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively and work under pressure in fast-paced ever-changing environment
- Strong time and project schedule management skills required to consistently meet deadlines and ensure preparedness for launch or implementation of programs and initiatives
- Well organized with strong administrative skills
- Ability to innovate, bring forward new ideas to support the evolution of the product and ongoing investment
- Experience working in an Agile development environment is an asset
- Responsive and proactive in providing high level of customer service
- Ability to collaborate with a wide range of people, including stakeholders and executives in both technical and business teams
- Passion for technology and health outcomes for Canadians
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
- Undergraduate or post-graduate degree in business administration, health informatics, engineering, computer science, health services management, clinical profession (e.g. nursing, pharmacy) or related discipline
- 7-10 years as a business analyst with experience in complex integration projects
- 3+ years’ experience in healthcare IT environment with increasing levels of responsibility
- Knowledge of current TELUS or THPS operations, enablement functions, or product development practices is a strong asset
- Experience in designing solutions for Health public sector and or Large enterprise across multiple domains – preferably in Digital Health
- Demonstrated ability to interact with external client stakeholders
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
TELUS Health is an IT leader in Canada that focuses on the health sector. Our mission is to improve the way information is being used along the continuum of care to better the health of citizens in Canada and in selected countries.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Disclaimer: In accordance with the TELUS Health Solutions Data Center Security Policy, as a condition of employment, all personnel whose job functions require they work at a Data Center and/or have access to detailed knowledge of technology related to client service delivery, are subject to a Personnel Security Screening conducted through the Government of Canada.
Primary Location: Canada
Other Locations: CA-Ontario, CA-Quebec
Your application has been successfully submitted.
All Connected for Good