Customer Success Account Manager (Cloud PM)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas, because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
As Microsoft continues to grow and win our customers need Cloud Program Managers (CPM) to lead and execute these programs across our customer base. We are looking for a program manager capable of driving growth across the continuum of our products, cloud services and partner solutions. The core of the CPM’s role is a relentless focus on customer success and customer outcomes. As a part of our Customer Success Unit, the Cloud Program Manager leads the entire cycle of program management from capture through program execution.
The Cloud Program Manager will lead a matrixed team across Microsoft, our partners and customer personnel as appropriate. The Cloud Program Manager’s focus is to help the Customer Success Unit and key stakeholders drive the capture strategy, partner strategy, planning, and team operations for the execution of large enterprise deals at Microsoft for accounts in the Intelligence Community. The Cloud Program Manager will be a key and strategic partner across the business, become a trusted advisor and business partner to the broader Industry team operating at highest levels of the company
Customer Success Management
- Lead and Partner with Program Stakeholders and Customers to achieve their goals for digital transformation while maximizing Microsoft’s position across the digital estate within a customer and program.
- Coordinate with various product and services teams within Microsoft and its Partner Ecosystem and introduce those products and services to customers to enhance digital transformation in alignment with customer objectives and program outcomes.
- Lead and direct large enterprise cloud implementations across multiple projects, workstreams and external and internal teams.
- Ensure the successful implementation of Program Objectives. Develop schedules for program milestones, reviews, customer interfaces and internal milestone tracking.
- Develop strong internal relationships across a matrixed team of Account Executives, Technical Architects, Engineering, Services and Support for the successful execution of program objectives.
- Lead, direct and drive annualized growth and financial performance across multiple engagements in the account space.
- Lead face-to-face customer reviews with senior management and establish trusted customer relationships that enable the customer to reach success in the shortest amount of time possible.
- Provide guidance for establishing the PMO, policies and standards
- Define and provide the governance approach
- Review and refine existing governance process and structure based on industry best practices
- Define and provide the program management approach (e.g.,methodologies, etc.)
- Develop risk management plan
- Perform risk assessment
- Perform risk management oversight
- Perform ongoing monitoring of program risks
- Develop and execute risk mitigation strategies and actions
- Develop implementation goals and objectives, aligned to overall strategy
- Responsible for helping provide guidance and validation around the scope of implementation
- Provide guidance the program structure and steering committees
- Help develop/Review program charter
- Help develop/Review the overall program schedule and implementation sequence
- Assess relevant initiatives; rationalize and develop recommendations
- Help develop/Review appropriate program standards and procedures
- Help develop/Review appropriate program standards and procedures
- Help develop/Review conduct technical and business planning sessions to establish and communicate decisions driven by the program initiative
- Help develop/Review design specifications standards and methodologies
Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- The ideal candidate is a seasoned business professional with multi-disciplinary experience, who has the aspiration and potential to grow as a broad business leader, especially in leading multi-year, large Azure cloud engagements of $5m-$250m
- At least 2 previous large scale data migration projects preferable from Hadoop to Cloud
- 3rd party product experience on Hardoop, Talend, Exadata and Netezza
- Excellent skills in all aspects of planning, cross-group collaboration, resource orchestration, communications, analytical capabilities and attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, innovation, and the ability to motivate, inspire, and lead cross group/functional teams with a high degree of independence and success.
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and take action on go to market approaches, joint value propositions, and business cases around strategic partnerships.
- Building long term relationships and key influencers.
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and share in large or highly strategic accounts.
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication.
- 10+ years of success in consultative/complex technical deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects).
- 5+ years of experience leading enterprise IT programs as a program manager.
- Leadership experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
- Prior work experience in a Program Management position within a software and/or services company such as SalesForce, Amazon, VMware, Google, IBM, Avanade, HP, ServiceNow, Dell, Rackspace, Softlayer.
- Travel ranges from 0-25% depending on location and assignments
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.