This job is no longer accepting applications.
Job overview: ioAirFlow is hiring a visual designer intern to take on an important role in a cutting-edge technology startup. The position will focus on refining the company’s data analysis into an easily understandable digital format.
As the successful applicant, you will be working with a dedicated team of entrepreneurs to build a scalable, market-ready solution. This is an opportunity to work with a clean tech startup that has a validated technology and market opportunity, with high potential to scale quickly at a global level.
This is a full-time paid position. As a grant-funded position the successful applicant must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or granted refugee status. This position can be performed remotely.
Working with a diverse in-house team of industry and technical experts, there are four main goals for this position:
- Working with ioAirFlow’s data analysts, convert data into graphical format or other data visualizations
- Working with ioAirFlow’s technical team, create a simple and useful customer web portal interface
- Working with ioAirFlow’s marketing team, design solutions that meet ioAirFlow’s brand standards
- Incorporate user needs and feedback when required
Duties & responsibilities
- Establish a look and feel for ioAirFlow’s web portal and reports including graphs, tables, and other visual representations of data
- Work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce and build on the company’s brand on new products
- Develop marketing items and presentation materials
- Design user-centered mockups and wireframes
- Incorporate user feedback as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Completed post-secondary program in graphic design, data journalism, or equivalent skillset
- Driven and self-motivated worker with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong communication skills, and able to clearly explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- General understanding of UX best practices
- Creative, outside-the-box thinker able to work in a small-team environment
- A passion for storytelling through data
- Passion for environmental sustainability considered an asset
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or granted refugee status
ioAirFlow values the diversity of the people it hires and serves, and we strive to create a diverse workplace where all are accepted based on their skills and abilities.
Please send a copy of your resume, cover letter, salary expectations and portfolio work to email@example.com. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
ioAirFlow is creating software to bring a new IoT technology application to increase energy efficiency in commercial buildings