Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are Kabam. We are a global leader in mobile game development – and we create blockbuster mobile hits – some with marquee licensed IP partners including MARVEL’s CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS and TRANSFORMERS: FORGED TO FIGHT, and also wholly owned IP like the critically-acclaimed SHOP TITANS: CRAFT & BUILD. We have ambitious plans to grow over the next five years – and are looking for strategic, smart, creative, and courageous people to contribute to our team’s success.
At Kabam, the Marketing team is taking a major step-change forward in how we show up and contribute to the success of the company. We aspire to deliver the best work in the video game industry.
To do that, we believe that marketing has to perform two fundamental roles. We have to show up early and often in product development with our studio partners, and be equipped with impactful player and market insights to create amazing experience for our players. We also pioneer and innovate in how we ignite conversation with fans across the world – around the product and brands that our players are passionate about – through compelling content, programs, partnership activations, and more.
You are an industry veteran, have a passion for games, the world of pop culture and entertainment, are a student of brands and how they are creating conversation and engagement on social channels, are competitive by nature, and want to achieve winning results in a way that is respectful to our players and your teammates.
The Marketing Communication Team connects with the voices of Kabam’s 200+ million players around the world. The team’s mission is to build healthy communities via authentic experiences designed to engage, inform, and empower to create and ignite social advocacy at scale.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing Communication, the Creative Director will oversee a team of creatives and together work with design and production teams to design, create, and publish all the creative content across all our franchises. The team manages asset production from end-to-end, partnering with various stakeholders and cross-functional teams to ensure creative is impactful, on-brand, and innovative.
The Creative Director will be responsible for writing the ideas, designing the tone, look and vision for video content across the franchise. They will also be expected to manage quality within all content produced, help build creative briefs which meet strategic goals, and drive production.
- Develop the central idea for creative campaigns.
- Lead a team of illustrators, production artists and video creatives to developing the work.
- Write treatments and creative responses that inspire the best ideas and execution.
- Champion the work of the team to senior stakeholders.
- Continually identify opportunities to further improve the production and creative process.
- Design, communicate, and align the vision for future game assets.
- Partner with the internal marketing teams, product development leaders, and external agencies to bring the creative vision for our marketing content to life – at quality, on time, and on budget.
- Build and own relationships with development studios, brand leads, external vendors, and other Kabam artists.
Experience & Skills
- 7+ years of experience in a creative role in gaming, required.
- Experience getting ideas into production and a portfolio that shows a wide variety of excellent work.
- A writer and a storyteller. Scripts, treatments and briefs come easy and can deliver a message over multiple mediums.
- Demonstrable knowledge of video production, illustration, digital channels and digital media required.
- Experience designing, and driving a campaign vision from end-to-end. From selling in the idea to seeing it in lights.
- Ability to interpret data and extract the insights that will unlock innovative marketing.
- Strong feedback, coaching, and relationship building skills.
- Manage internal and external teams.
- Fluent in production and post-production tools and workflows.
- Complex problem-solving ability and always solution-oriented.
- Comfortable dealing with multiple projects in parallel.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.