Manager - Product Marketing (Remote Position anywhere in the US or Canada)
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager - Product Marketing (Remote Position anywhere in the US or Canada)Overview
Mastercard’s Cyber and Intelligence (C&I) Solutions organization develops and delivers world-class security products and services for customers across the globe. NuData Security predicts fraudulent transactions by identifying good users from bad, based on their online behavior. NuData harnesses the power of behavioral and biometric analysis to empower its clients to predict fraud and verify the user behind the device.
As the Product Marketing Manager, you will synthesize market, buyer personas, solution, and competitive inputs into digestible positioning and value proposition messaging framework. And cascade across teams to ensure Mastercard, MA Regions, and NDS adhere to messaging framework.
The Product Marketing Manager will create a lasting impression among customers, improve product sales and market share as you work to ensure that a consistent, desirable message is conveyed through communications channels. You will build a clear communication and messaging framework, and collaborate with content management, marketing and demand generation teams to align solution positioning, buyer journey mapping and product differentiation into content, sales toolkit and marketing campaigns. This responsibility is pivotal for a solution’s market success because it differentiates the product by ensuring that it always stays in line with customer needs and market trends. In addition to this, solution positioning assures the solution a competitive edge because the Manager will always understand the current competitive situation.
• Skillful product positioning and narrative creation
• Understand and articulate NuData solutions while building messaging in alignment with the Mastercard narrative
• Leverage market intelligence about fraud trends and competitors’ products
• Work closely with the Product, marketing and sales teams to develop launch strategies for new products
• Evaluate accomplishment of objectives using metrics defined for measuring marketing effectiveness
• Go-to-market messaging: Craft and recommend succinct product value propositions that are persona-led, crisp and competitively differentiated, and test efficacy. Consideration of market problems, target buyers, buyer needs, positioning and messaging, competitive differentiators with clear objectives.
• Understand intimately the details and nuances of our market, buyer personas, and be able to deliver the business results via sales enablement and clearly differentiated messaging.
• Develop and maintain messaging guides of tone/style and key messaging that can be cascaded widely across NuData and Mastercard that clearly articulates the “so what”.
• Powerfully sell value to prospects and internal teams. Be a storyteller that connects complex technologies to benefits.
• Recommend and co-identify key product, segmentation, and positioning opportunities by leveraging data and insights
• Steers integration of product messaging and programs with marketing programs and vice-versa
• Map and document buyer journey: define personas, content needs, and develop buyer personas for NuData’s solutions to guide all Mastercard comms and NDS teams.
• Ability to quickly assess and understand the fraud, risk and identity space, understand how behavioral biometric technologies can be applied to improve results, and synthesize into meaningful, quantifiable, differentiated business improvements.
• Customer and market advocacy: Be an expert on our customers, buyers and the buying process to create buyer personas, pains, and factors in the buying process.
• Internal enablement: own product positioning and product narratives as you drive messaging among our team and other internal teams.
Job Specific Experiences
• Demonstrated success in clear, succinct, and differentiated messaging and storytelling.
• Experience identifying research resulting in ability to represent the voice of the customer.
• Experience in the creation and execution of highly successful value driven messaging.
• 5-7 years B2B product marketing experience in technology/software space (or equivalent skills and knowledge). Background preferably includes marketing of enterprise-class solutions, security, fraud, identity solutions, risk, SaaS, or technology companies or equivalent experience required, knowledge of digital banking, eCommerce operations and payment services helpful.
• Driven and completed at least one entire product launch or messaging programme from content to launch including post adoption monitoring.
• You know how to question the known, and use data to inform decisions, creative strategy, and stakeholder buy-in; but avoid analysis paralysis.
• Outstanding messaging acumen. Blend of business analyst, storyteller, and product SME. Demonstrated ability to develop impactful, fact-based, sales-usable product and value proposition stories (requires strong analytical and creative thought processes).
• Strong writing, analytical and presentation skills. Ability to understand complex processes and technologies, and translate into simple concepts (written, graphical, architectural, and verbal). Adept at communicating concepts in both written and graphic form. Candidate must show samples of presentations and collateral they have developed.
• Proven ability to create, direct and collaborate with content manager on decision-oriented sales tools.
• Led complex cross-functional projects
• Demonstrated success building relationships and delivering results with global, multi-cultural and remote project teams
• Preferred: Expertise in Messaging framework, agency experience, strong writer –Secondary: security, cybersecurity, fraud or relevant
• Professional presence and demeanor, calm and measured in the face of challenge; exhibits effective individual contributor leadership skills
• Strong business acumen, collaborative, highly organized. Sound project management skills.
• Identify, characterize and map competitive landscape relative to assigned solution area
• Candidate will be expected to articulate methodology used for message development and provide examples of messaging documents created.
• Ability to produce high integrity PowerPoint output—clean, crisp, visually strong—a stickler for communications efficacy and integrity.
• Collaboration: The role of the Product Marketing Manager is a collaborative one and tasked with working with other product directors, content management, marketing leaders, product management, and sales teams.Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Your application has been successfully submitted.