2021 Research Intern – Data Science & Machine Learning
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe’s all about. We give everyone—from emerging artists to global brands—everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We’re passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Adobe Research is looking for brilliant minds who are excited about pushing the state of the art in research areas that impact Adobe’s products and future endeavors. Research and Engineering internships for Spring, Summer and Fall of 2021 are now open to applicants pursuing PhD and master's degrees. To protect your health and ours, all internships will be remote.
Working directly with one or more researchers, you will have access to robust computational resources and world-class product and design teams, empowering you to see your work touch millions of screens across the globe.
Adobe Researchers are developing the next generation of ML algorithms, inventing a future where Adobe enables new forms of creativity, frees people from routine tasks, and allows enterprises to understand and act quickly on customer and business insights. Our scientists and engineers are exploring how we can leverage big data to automate decision-making for intervention strategies and to ultimately understanding the causal structure within our world. Our technologies help enterprises better understand and strengthen large-scale digital marketing systems. Some of our research topics include:
· Real-time ML, online Learning, reinforcement learning, bandits
· Deep learning, deep reinforcement learning, and representation learning
· Next generation recommendation systems, behavioral modeling, conversational, serendipitous, cognitive bias aware
· Causal Inference, counterfactual reasoning
· Randomized experimentation, hypothesis testing
· Data-efficient machine learning - unsupervised, sketching, streaming algorithms, approximate inference
· Federated Learning of ML/DL models at the edge
· Privacy preservation
· Clustering, similarity metrics, embeddings of user trajectories
Our research labs actively publish in leading journals and conferences, invent new products, and create compelling creative tools. We are especially interested in fostering ongoing collaborations that last beyond the internship and become part of your PhD thesis.
What you will do
· Under the direction of an Adobe Research mentor, pursue a research problem with applicability to Adobe’s products, and with the possibility of academic publication
· Develop new algorithms, run experiments, and produce demonstration prototypes
· Document and present your work, both verbally and in writing
What you will need
· Current PhD or master's student in computer science, or related field
· Sufficient research skills and background in your chosen subject area
· Strong communication skills and teamwork experience
· Passion for solving real world problems with web scale data using and inventing state of the art Machine Learning algorithms.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you’re looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.