Lightspeed LA - Senior Technical Designer
Los Angeles, CA, USA
As an Open World Technical Designer at Lightspeed LA, you will be the liaison between the World Design and Engineering teams. You will be working with multi-disciplinary teams to optimize designer workflow, processes, and content pipeline. You will engage in complex technical areas such as AI, physics, animation, UI, and data management. As part of the Design team, you will be the go-to person for the implementation of complex scripted content that stretches the capability of open world systems and breathes life into the ambient world.
- 5+ years of proven game design and scripting experience in a professional environment.
- A strong desire for solving complex technical and creative problems
- A good understanding of object-oriented programming patterns.
- Assume responsibility for scripting intricate content and systems
- Set the bar for the design department’s implementation of scripted content
- Technical Degree (CS, IT, SE, CE, or equivalent work experience) is a plus
- Multiple programming languages: one of C/C++/C#/Java to a reasonable knowledge
- Ability to drive problem solving by predicting problems, producing test cases, and implementing fixes in systems and tools
- Strong experience with Visual Scripting languages (Kismet, Blueprint, etc.)
- A deep understanding of how open world systems affect gameplay
Your application has been successfully submitted.