Lightspeed LA - Senior Gameplay Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Senior Gameplay Engineer
LightSpeed LA is seeking for a talented and enthusiastic senior game engineer to join our new studio in sunny Irvine California. The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for games and solving ambitious technical and creative problems. Join our team of industry veterans and help us build a team and culture of respect that pushes boundaries while having lots of fun.
- Design, implement, and support quality gameplay systems and tools
- Collaborate directly with engineers, designers, artists, and QA to explore and identify needs and opportunities
- Cultivate strong cross-disciplinary working relationships based on honesty and transparency
- Author lean, high-performance, maintainable code
- Actively profile and optimize the game's codebase
- Participate in the testing and documentation of game systems and tools
- Mentor, develop, and learn from engineering colleagues
- Help build and maintain an open and energetic team culture
- Passion and enthusiasm for creating fun and engaging gameplay through iteration and innovation
- 5+ years of professional game programming experience (8+ for a lead)
- Experience bringing a large-scale game title to completion on PC and consoles
- Expert in C++, debugging, and 3D math
- Enjoy working closely with creative and technical team members
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Value lean, simple, efficient, well-tested code
- Experience working with AAA engines
- Experience with game console hardware
- Deep knowledge of animation, physics, AI, and/or networking
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Tencent uses technology to enrich the lives of Internet users.