Lightspeed LA - Senior Systems Engineer (Engine)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Senior Systems Engineer – Engine
LightSpeed LA is seeking for a talented and enthusiastic senior engineer to join our new studio in sunny Irvine California. The ideal candidate will have a strong passion for games and enabling content creators to deliver the most polished experience for our players. Join our team of industry veterans and help us build a team and culture of respect that pushes boundaries while having lots of fun.
- Help maintain culture of fast iteration and practical problem solving
- Help establish budgets for engine systems and pipeline tools to validate them
- Refactor existing systems to spread work across multiple cores and frames (e.g. Data streaming)
- Refactor existing systems and tools to handle large worlds with dynamic content
- Evolve iteratively existing systems into state of art solutions
- Mentor others to make the best use of engine systems and hardware capability
- Passion for games and the technology that makes them come to life
- 5+ years of professional experience in C++ programming in game industry
- Shipped at least one game title on PC and Consoles
- Expert C++ knowledge and debugging skills
- Excellent understanding of PC and console hardware bottlenecks and optimization strategies
- Deep understanding of multithreaded programming
- Experience in at least two game engine systems (e.g. Animation, AI, Physics, Rendering, Networking, Scripting, Audio)
- Value lean, simple, efficient, well-tested code
- Comfortable maintaining existing large codebase for multiple platforms
- Team player who works closely with other engineers to make sure our technology provides reliable and fast iteration for our content creators, and a fluid experience for our customers
- Experience building AAA engine(s)
- Deep understanding of game asset pipelines
- Experience building large world pipelines
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Tencent uses technology to enrich the lives of Internet users.